DAFC.net
Home 19 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Asda Print Cartridges
Topic Originator: auldpar  
Date:   Thu 29 Jul 07:29

I stupidly bought Asda ink cartridges for my HP Deskjet F4280 after checking they were (allegedly) compatible. They printed a couple of pages OK and then the printer stopped working. I`ve googled every solution but nothing will fix it.

I reckon I have 2 options now - 1) Buy the correct HP cartridges and install them with the risk that the printer is knackered anyway - it`s not that new.

OR

2) Buy a new basic printer - the cost wouldn`t be that much more than the 2 new proper cartridges anyway.

Any suggestions?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Asda Print Cartridges
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Thu 29 Jul 09:37

Tried the asda cartridges several times and they never work. First off take them back and get a refund then get the proper brand. Dont buy a cheap printer they just guzzle ink and tou pay more in the long run.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parfect68  
Date:   Thu 29 Jul 09:49

May be worth checking if your printer compatible with hp instant ink. https://instantink.hpconnected.com/uk/en/l/?jumpid=ps_c317f441e0&jumpid=ps_c317f441e0&gclid=CjwKCAjwo4mIBhBsEiwAKgzXOJS4S9m_zdWrfFbwvUwsIVHXulkl6gWCotV1ufcidtXCJuse-VnhZhoC6GAQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds[\url]
Subscriptions range from 99p for 15 pages a month to £22 for 700pages. We pay £3.49 for up to 100 a month and some of unused can roll over. Automatically detects from printer and sends new cartridges in advabce so we've never run out. Easy to change between plans so when kids were homeschooling we upped it and reduced down again. We both work from home at times and find 100/mth works snd I don't mind paying £3.49 compared to previous travel costs. If your printer not compatible might be worth buying one that is, would still work out cheaper than going adhoc and buying cartridges - at least that's our experience

Post Edited (Thu 29 Jul 09:51)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: auldpar  
Date:   Thu 29 Jul 13:04

Thanks for your replies. After a few attempts as suggested online I decided the printer was done and I bought a new HP one (with instant ink as an option).

Post Edited (Thu 29 Jul 13:05)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net