DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Paralympic gold
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Fri 3 Sep 09:29

Dunfermline man Owen Miller wins gold in mens 1500m T20 at Tokyo paralympics with a hugely impressive run

https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/sport/national/19556079.owen-miller-wins-1500m-gold-great-britain-hannah-taunton-takes-bronze

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.

Post Edited (Fri 03 Sep 09:31)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Paralympic gold
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Fri 3 Sep 09:48

Fantastic achievement and he seems to have upset the odds. Paralympians will be enjoying their spell in the spotlight but they get little media coverage at other times. The same thing happens with a lot of the minority sports in the Olympics.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Sep 10:16

I just watched the race wee eck, superb race , the big ROC runner went from back of the field to first 300m out with ease, Owen was in top 5 most of the race. The Russian must have thought he had gold round his neck until he seen Owen fly past him about 100m out. He won by about 7m easing off.
As you said these guys get little TV time, but hats off to CH4, thier coverage of these games has been superb. Way Better Coverage than BBC gave the Olympics.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Fri 3 Sep 13:10

Delighted for Owen. The hard work and training miles he puts in is phenomenal. Know how proud his coach Stevie will be in what he has achieved. Been fortunate enough to be able to sample some of the training sessions they do.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Sep 16:42

I hope Owen is invited to EEP to show of his Gold Medal PP. One of my favourite moments at this paralympics, he blew the field away

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars232  
Date:   Sun 5 Sep 10:08

I second that, amazing performance and achievement by Owen. Well done Sir!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net