DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Sneezing
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 12:05

Like most folk, I often have the odd sneeze, especially if there's some dust around, or I've got a cold coming on. On occasion, I'll even sneeze 3-6 times on the bounce, but last night, while sitting watching TV, I smashed my record by a long, long way. Sadly, I was unable to keep a count as I was too busy sneezing and neither did Mrs Riva, cos she was too busy laughing. ☹ I reckon it was more than 20 but she thinks it may have been as many as 30.

I've had a few small bouts of 2-3 this morning and I appear to have a cold coming on, but I've had plenty of colds in my time that weren't accompanied by extensive sneezing. Can anyone top my achievement? 😃

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Sneezing
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 12:24

That noise is the army building am an electrified fence around your hoose …!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 13:06

Thankfully I rarely sneeze now. After surgery it feels like my head is going to explode every time I do.

One of my mates is a perpetual sneezer and used to frequently to about 20 one after the other in the office. It always struck me as a little strange as I used to be on the 3 sneeze end of the spectrum.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 15:25

I sneeze for Scotland during the summer ( hay fever ) and this year has been the worst for a while as it has been so dry

I did read a couple of weeks ago that sneezing is one of the main factors of having covid .. although not widely known by the general public

Maybe best to get a test G.G.

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 15:28

Quote:

Buspasspar, Mon 13 Sep 15:25

I sneeze for Scotland during the summer ( hay fever ) and this year has been the worst for a while as it has been so dry

I did read a couple of weeks ago that sneezing is one of the main factors of having covid .. although not widely known by the general public

Maybe best to get a test G.G.

I tested negative as recently as Saturday, BPP. Have some DIY kits at home. Will do another today/tomorrow.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 19:40

Never let anyone challenge that we don’t discuss the important topics on this forum. ;-)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 19:50

Aye berry its not to be sneezed at .. ok ah`ll get ma coat

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 20:23

I hope you guys used a-tishoo!

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Mon 13 Sep 20:44

I recall at my first ever job interview the woman interviewing started sneezing and literally, it could’ve been about thirty or so times rivalling your record GG.

What was weird, usually you get the tickle in your nose and the sneezes come at least two or three seconds after each other but this woman was instant, so fast, it was unbelievable, had never seen anything like it.

Could swear there’s a condition for it.

Anyway I managed to get the job and she avoided snot all over her blouse so was a win-win for the both of us.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Tue 14 Sep 13:46

I`m a loud surprise sneezer - ask my workmates doon the corridor, or indeed the poor pilots who fly overhead from Glenrothes Airport!

GG, I hope there`s no errrr resulting catastrophes from your sneezing bouts - what with ye being aw mature `n that .....

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 15 Sep 16:38

Quote:

buffy, Tue 14 Sep 13:46

I`m a loud surprise sneezer - ask my workmates doon the corridor, or indeed the poor pilots who fly overhead from Glenrothes Airport!

GG, I hope there`s no errrr resulting catastrophes from your sneezing bouts - what with ye being aw mature `n that .....

Being a mere man, I can only manage one thing at a time, but we all know the fair sex are excellent at multitasking. An elderly neighbour of mine can sneeze, wet her pants and break wind, simultaneously. ☺

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sadindiefreak  
Date:   Thu 16 Sep 14:26

Quote:

GG Riva, Mon 13 Sep 12:05

Like most folk, I often have the odd sneeze, especially if there's some dust around, or I've got a cold coming on. On occasion, I'll even sneeze 3-6 times on the bounce, but last night, while sitting watching TV, I smashed my record by a long, long way. Sadly, I was unable to keep a count as I was too busy sneezing and neither did Mrs Riva, cos she was too busy laughing. ☹ I reckon it was more than 20 but she thinks it may have been as many as 30.

I've had a few small bouts of 2-3 this morning and I appear to have a cold coming on, but I've had plenty of colds in my time that weren't accompanied by extensive sneezing. Can anyone top my achievement? 😃

Think yourself lucky. In 1981 Donna Griffiths had a sneezing fit that lasted 976 days.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net