DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Guilt - re-runs on BBC Scotland channel
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 9 Oct 23:06

Anybody been watching the excellent first series again ?

I notice Derek Stillie is credited as a consultant - presumably on the lawyer role ?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Guilt - re-runs on BBC Scotland channel
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 10 Oct 10:19

Great to have some east coast TV on rather than the usual weegie crap.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 11 Oct 19:12

Agreed, there were a few dialogue intonations from Jamie Sives that were very similar to Ken Stott as Rebus.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 11 Oct 20:08

I heard an interview with Mark Bonnar on the radio today. Apparently it`s done very well internationally. Some countries have bought the series and others are making their own versions of it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 11 Oct 20:14

I liked the Ken Stott Rebus too. He got that wee lilt you hear in central Fife pretty much spot on. My only criticism would be of Rankin himself who is typically quite out of date in his references to Fife in his books. The last one I read (it's the one where Rebus has COPD and moves flat) wasn't a great read and I was put off by a wee nod to Lee Child in the opening chapter (Rebus is a big fan of Jack Reacher, apparently).

It'd be nice to see more filmed in Fife and the Lothians. Maybe one day we'll see a Made in Kelty 😂
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net