DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Fit to fly test
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Tue 23 Nov 21:17

I'm going to San Fran shortly and I'm a bit confused about a couple of things. I'm double vacc'd with the booster. Do I need to have a PCR test or would a LFT test be sufficient. Also it says I have to have a test at least 3 days before I fly. I'm flying out on a Wednesday, so do I need a test taken on the Monday, with Monday being day 1(Mon, Tues, Wed) or can I get a test on the Sunday and the 3 days also starting on the Monday, if that makes sense. Wonder if any of you frequent flyers might know.

Many thanks 👍

Post Edited (Tue 23 Nov 22:32)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Fit to fly test
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Tue 23 Nov 22:05

I thought it was no more than 3 days so any time between 0 & 3 days. For unvaccinated (ie children exempt from vaccine) it is no more than 1 day.

We are away to the states next Friday 3rd so probably need to get our finger out but think the fit to fly test has to be video supervised as well to bump more onto the cost 🙄

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Tue 23 Nov 22:17

You need to have a negative pcr test max 3 days before your fly

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Tue 23 Nov 22:18

most countries is just lfts needed pre flight now
Can't use NHS free ones though
I've used C19 testing for trips to Scotland games and was easy enough
25 quid each
Needed to order pre test and day 2 test seperate and you get a email with reference for passenger locator form coming back
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Nov 22:30

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Tue 23 Nov 22:17

You need to have a negative pcr test max 3 days before your fly

So does that mean I need to get a test on the Friday before I fly?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Nov 22:36

Take one Sunday if flying Wednesday. Result should be with you on the Monday

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 23 Nov 22:50

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Tue 23 Nov 22:36

Take one Sunday if flying Wednesday. Result should be with you on the Monday

Thanks a lot mate 👍

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 01:58

Make sure your pcr test is taken less than 72 hours before your scheduled departure time otherwise you won’t be allowed to board the plane. I know of people who have been refused because it was 72 hours and 15 minutes, there’s no leeway.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: sammer  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 02:30

I agree with dd23. The later you can take the test the better (you might consider paying extra for an `express` test) for if you have a connecting flight with a stop over delay there might be a problem.

And remember your PLF for your return. I`ve got a UK friend stranded here in Moscow with every medical certificate known to man, double vaccinated and all correct visas, but he forgot to log online for his PLF to re-enter the UK. He`s 70, not that computer literate like myself, and in a bit of a jam since he`ll have to be retested.

sammer
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 06:42

As I said earlier for the USA it’s not as simple as just a self test it has to be supervised (digitally). From the CDC site;

“The testing procedure must include a telehealth service affiliated with the manufacturer of the test that provides real-time supervision remotely through an audio and video connection. Some FDA-authorized self-tests that include a telehealth service may require a prescription.”

You are looking at c£50 a head in total. £30 pre test and £20 day 2. Travelled a couple times now since being allowed and the new day 2 is pretty much identical to the NHS one so it’s all just a racket.

Post Edited (Wed 24 Nov 07:05)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 10:13

Quote:

dd23, Wed 24 Nov 01:58

Make sure your pcr test is taken less than 72 hours before your scheduled departure time otherwise you won’t be allowed to board the plane. I know of people who have been refused because it was 72 hours and 15 minutes, there’s no leeway.

Should be fine. Booked my PCR for 1900 on the Sunday and my flight out is 1000 on the Wednesday.. Thanks for the info

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 10:15

Quote:

sammer, Wed 24 Nov 02:30

I agree with dd23. The later you can take the test the better (you might consider paying extra for an `express` test) for if you have a connecting flight with a stop over delay there might be a problem.

And remember your PLF for your return. I`ve got a UK friend stranded here in Moscow with every medical certificate known to man, double vaccinated and all correct visas, but he forgot to log online for his PLF to re-enter the UK. He`s 70, not that computer literate like myself, and in a bit of a jam since he`ll have to be retested.

What's a PLF?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Pars Athletic  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 11:33

Passenger locator form. You need to have your day 2 test reference for coming home for this form
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 11:41

Quote:

Pars Athletic, Wed 24 Nov 11:33

Passenger locator form. You need to have your day 2 test reference for coming home for this form

If it’s at Edinburgh airport you will be. They guarantee the results by 10pm next day but mine came back within 6 hours. Remember to print them out, most airlines only accept hard copies.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 11:48

My son flew to USA in September, did predeparture test at Edinburgh Airport and stayed at hotel there prior to early morning flight. Results were with him within 12 hours, luckily was fit to fly.

He was transiting through Dublin, who had different regs at that time, an American family were denied boarding at Edinburgh as they had the wrong tests!

Post Edited (Wed 24 Nov 11:52)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 11:56

Thanks for all your help guys. Very much appreciated 👍

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 16:57

Safe travels. The day 2 test for coming back is a con. It’s an nhs lateral flow test but you must buy it from a private company (Tory party related, obviously) so you can get the code you need for the PLF. if you know someone else who has had it, I’m told that if you use their code the plf doesn’t recognise that it’s already been used.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 24 Nov 18:37

Quote:

dd23, Wed 24 Nov 16:57

Safe travels. The day 2 test for coming back is a con. It’s an nhs lateral flow test but you must buy it from a private company (Tory party related, obviously) so you can get the code you need for the PLF. if you know someone else who has had it, I’m told that if you use their code the plf doesn’t recognise that it’s already been used.

Yeah my thoughts exactly mate. Might just do that. Cheers

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Dec 13:33

Tests and costs so far for 2 adults and 1 4yo;

3 x video supervised antigen test £90
3 x PCR return test £150

And now while we are still in the US the UK have just decided that for the mild new variant an additional test is required up to 2 days before. Cost tbc.

Zero guidance on what tests are approved so you just have to take pot luck that you will be allowed to board your return flight.

I wouldn’t bother booking a trip if anyone is thinking about it as it’s just too much hassle and added cost.

That said I played the Stadium course at Sawgrass with the famous #17 so for me it’s all worth it.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Dec 18:34

What an Absolute *uckin nightmare this has turned into. What should have been a trip of a lifetime, seeing Metallica for the 40th and 41st time, this mind*uck has Ruined any enjoyment and excitement that I had. Just want to get there and back home, without any issues.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Tue 7 Dec 19:21

Feel for you Big T Par But just get there and enjoy it Pal worry about the rest later Hope you are well

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Dec 19:27

That`s my mind set mate, but the hassle, and I have to admit, the worry, is overshadowing it.

I`m fine mate, Thanks for asking 😊

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Dec 23:55

Quote:

Buspasspar, Tue 07 Dec 19:21

Feel for you Big T Par But just get there and enjoy it Pal worry about the rest later Hope you are well

While a good sentiment it doesn’t really work like that as you just have the worry of how you get the pre return flight test haunting you for the duration of your trip. Plus the situation is so volatile that anything can change at any time.

We will have to just get one at Wallgreens and ‘hope’ it’s sufficient for us to be allowed on the plane to get home. That is no way to relax on holiday especially when we have lives we need to get back to on time at the end of it.

Once home we also have to isolate until the PCR results are in so no nursery for the bairn on Monday IF we get home which in turn has a knock on effect for both our jobs.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Dec 01:12

Quote:

P, Tue 07 Dec 13:33

3 x PCR return test £150

And now while we are still in the US the UK have just decided that for the mild new variant an additional test is required up to 2 days before. Cost tbc.

Zero guidance on what tests are approved so you just have to take pot luck that you will be allowed to board your return flight.

I wouldn’t bother booking a trip if anyone is thinking about it as it’s just too much hassle and added cost.

That said I played the Stadium course at Sawgrass with the famous #17 so for me it’s all worth it.

So, P, did you hit the green?
What did you shoot on your round and what di you play off?

Hope you and yours get back safely ?

Ron Atkinson - 1983

Post Edited (Wed 08 Dec 01:13)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Dec 01:14

Quote:

Big T Par, Tue 07 Dec 19:27

That`s my mind set mate, but the hassle, and I have to admit, the worry, is overshadowing it.

I`m fine mate, Thanks for asking 😊

Hope it all goes well and you have a blast ?

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Dec 12:20

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Wed 08 Dec 01:12

Quote:

P, Tue 07 Dec 13:33

3 x PCR return test £150

So, P, did you hit the green?
What did you shoot on your round and what di you play off?

Hope you and yours get back safely ?

Hit the green, 18 foot straight putt lipped out for the birdie but got my 6th par of the round. Playing off 18.3 so course handicap 21 and scored 90 so played under par.

…..lost 6 balls though as there’s lots of water 😂. Magnificent experience

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Dec 12:23

Latest on testing to depart looks like we have to go to a Center and get a $89 each test.

Total cost of testing for trip - £375

As far as Big T’s trip is concerned I think you can buy a test and take it with you to remove this hassle. I think from memory Qured was £22 or £30 video supervised and defo less hassle.

Post Edited (Wed 08 Dec 12:49)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Dec 12:50

So six balls in the water and you still shoot a net 69? Were you wearing a sombrero?

Sounds great, though. It`s an iconic course and one on the bucket list.

Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Dec 13:11

Yeah I have ordered a test to take with me

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Dec 16:58

Without a doubt overseas travel is very stressful now and has been since borders reopened.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Wed 8 Dec 18:04

You need a secretary for all the paperwork and a good bank balance!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 8 Dec 18:12

Tell them you`re a Tory MP and you won`t need all these tests.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 8 Dec 18:46

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Wed 08 Dec 12:50

So six balls in the water and you still shoot a net 69? Were you wearing a sombrero?

Sounds great, though. It`s an iconic course and one on the bucket list.

Possibly - although golf in Florida is much easier than at home with rain in your face that is like bullets 😃. Played out of my skin mind you.

I cannot recommend the whole thing enough for a bucket list item. We stayed in the on site hotel so the golf is discounted and you can book your tee waaay in advance which is key.

Hotel resort was fantastic, really family friendly with a great vibe to it and you could actually walk to places so we were all a bit gutted to leave and come to Orlando (giant Blackpool in the sun).

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net