DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Testing
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Thu 23 Dec 13:14

Can someone explain this to me, please?

Previously we were told not to test for 3 months after having Covid. It was apparently unreliable

No we`re being told to test after 6 or 7 days. And if it is OK we can get back down the pub.

How does that work?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Testing
Topic Originator: Aylesbury_Par  
Date:   Thu 23 Dec 13:52

I assume this is testing for those who have had to self isolate after being in contact with someone who has tested positive rather than for those who have definitely had covid.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Thu 23 Dec 14:06

That`s not right, Aylesbury. Rules seemed to have changed?

BTW, I`m going to be in Aylesbury for 3 nights - 24th, 25th & 26th January. I`ll be at a loose end 26th January

Pie and a Pint?

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 23 Dec 14:10

Not sure if that`s old guidance or not? The 90 day thing relates to whether it`s a new or existing infection. A further positive within 90 days is considered to be the same "case". Beyond 90 days it`s considered new.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parak obama  
Date:   Thu 23 Dec 14:43

My partner and son both had covid and were told that they would always test positive within the next 90 days.

The initial positive test can be used as a "passport" as they are no longer considered infectious.

As Aylesbury says the testing on the 6th and 7th day is for self-isolating close contacts.

My partner tested negative (LFT) then positive (PCR) on the same day. She did a (LFT) yesterday to show her friend that it would come back positive, as it is within the 90 days, but it actually came back negative. I would not trust a negative (LFT) if I were showing symptoms.

[IMG]https://share2.co.uk/f/1152_471_P300411_16.49_[02].jpg[/IMG]
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 23 Dec 14:57

Here`s the link as reported on the BBC.

It appears to apply to England only but is reported as people infected rather than close contacts. It just doesn`t make sense alongside previous guidance.

The reason I was looking at this was our eldest tested on day 91 and was positive, with Covid symptoms so we think she likely has managed to catch it immediately (sibling was negative but is now positive).

Bit crap...I spent last Christmas attached to a hospital bed, so was hoping we could have some semblance of a normal Christmas this year. bottom .

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-59749447
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Thu 23 Dec 15:20

It doesn`t make sense because it has nothing to do with public health.

Too many people are off work for 10 days when they test positive, even if they are very marginally positive results. By allowing lateral flow tests on Day 7 they will be able to get them back to work faster and minimise disruption.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 23 Dec 16:07

The guidance is all odd. You can come back after 7 days in England rather than 10 in Scotland. At the same time they`ve changed the self-certification time from 7 days to 28 days to help out GPs. So I could catch COVID and be told to come back on day 7 but then say I`m I`ll and stay off for 27 days.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Thu 23 Dec 20:17

A wee bit OT, but I`m just back from San Francisco and everyone and I mean everyone, were wearing masks in every shop/mall and if you were in a restaurant/coffee shop, you had to show your vaccination status, which again, everyone was happy to do. Absolutely no issues whatsoever. No pricks moaning that their liberties were being snatched away from them. A quick show of your app and in you go.

Why are we so fvckin precious?

Oh and btw, Metallica were off the scale 🤘🤘

Post Edited (Thu 23 Dec 20:19)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Fri 24 Dec 03:21

Glad it was worth it Big T.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 24 Dec 08:58

Quote:

dd23, Fri 24 Dec 03:21

Glad it was worth it Big T.

It absolutely was mate. All the hassle, all the extra expense, all the worry, it all disappeared as soon soon as AC/DC and then Ecstasy Of Gold kicked in.

Prime are streaming both shows over the weekend, if you are interested 🤘🤘

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 24 Dec 09:34

Brilliant.....thanks for the heads up. Great to hear you had an amazing time.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 24 Dec 09:59

Quote:

ipswichpar, Fri 24 Dec 09:34

Brilliant.....thanks for the heads up. Great to hear you had an amazing time.

🤘🤘

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net