DAFC.net
Home 23 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Covid - What Scientists got Wrong
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 5 Feb 17:59

An interesting and revealing article:-

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/feb/04/i-didnt-think-vaccines-would-work-scientists-admit-their-covid-mistakes

Hindsight is 20/20 vision, of course.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Covid - What Scientists got Wrong
Topic Originator: hurricane_jimmy  
Date:   Tue 8 Feb 18:28

Have to admit, I`m pretty set on someone in the Wuhan Virology Institute accidentally exposing themselves to it unwittingly and it spreading from there. The three guys who died a few years prior to 2020 from being in the cave full of batsh1t contacted a virus remarkably similar and it was being studied and characterized (as all viruses are) in the WIV. Conveniently the WIV destroyed all of the early samples when the WHO asked for them along with patient data, undoubtedly under the duress of the CCP. There are also questions to be answered about the CCPs dealings with the WHO. From my own research experience, I can tell you that the Chinese have nowhere near the same safety standards as developed nations, nor the infrastructure or will to implement rules in the same way as we do in Europe or "the West". The CCP will never admit this though, as to do so would be a tremendous "loss of face" which would undermine the CCP hegemony. Anyone who challenges them on this is of course "racist" despite the rampant racist attitudes against non-whites in China. Genuinely hope their economy collapses, which is a genuine possibility with the Evergrande and now Shumin debacle - disgusting regime!
[IP address logged]
 Re: Covid - What Scientists got Wrong
Topic Originator: Indiapar  
Date:   Wed 9 Feb 14:02

Quote:

GG Riva, Sat 5 Feb 17:59

An interesting and revealing article:-

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/feb/04/i-didnt-think-vaccines-would-work-scientists-admit-their-covid-mistakes

Hindsight is 20/20 vision, of course.

For sure there will be differing views on this from different experts. No doubt lessons will be learned. The Covid vaccine apart, the response has largely followed the measures implemented with Spanish Flu. There are some very good scientific articles on both Covid and Spanish Flu on the Nature Magazine website.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net