DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Amazon
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Fri 18 Feb 09:28

Is this a scam using details from my Amazon feedback ?

I returned a pair of solar security lights as one was faulty

I left feedback saying based on my experience I cannot recommend

I am now getting e-mails from the makers asking if I remove the feedback they will give me a £30 (up from £20 yesterday) Amazon gift card

I have had three e-mails up to now all with a supposed link to my Amazon feedback

I have not clicked any of the links just in case The last e-mail ended

Wish you Have a wonder day

Post Edited (Fri 18 Feb 10:22)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Amazon Scam ?
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Fri 18 Feb 10:14

I got that with a stud detector that didnt work.

Its not fair to call it an Amazon scam. This is 100% the vendor.

On reflection I should have said the one I got didnt work. To be fair to the vendor, I got a refund immediately. Maybe it was just a faulty unit. My review would affect their business. If they had approached me with that suggestion, I would have edited the review but I just got angry at the bribe attempt so left the review.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 18 Feb 10:20

PARot I did not mean the scam was from Amazon I will change the title

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Fri 18 Feb 11:36

It`s definitely the vendor but not a scam, amazon frown upon such correspondence from vendors and often remove companies from the Amazon website.

I bought something from Amazon before Christmas and when it arrived there was a letter inside from the vendor saying I was in the lucky 5% and received the item for free (it was around £20). I contacted the company that supplied the item with an email saying "I was really happy and would let friends and family know about their incentive" aswell as leaving a great review.
I got an email back saying " they were happy about telling family and writing a good review but please don`t write about free item as Amazon frown upon such incentives "

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.

Post Edited (Fri 18 Feb 11:37)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Fri 18 Feb 12:19

Get it a lot of the time on Ebay from Asian sellers whereby if you have an issue they`ll offer anything from 50% upwards back as refund and/or a replacement as long as you still leave positive feedback.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
 Re: Amazon
Date:   Sun 20 Feb 09:25

Up to £40 now !!

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 20 Feb 10:57

These guys are why you should only ever pay attention to negative and average reviews. Look for consistent statements like "flimsy" or "broke easily" and ignore the "Great product" reviews as they`re likely a result of this sort of thing.

People don`t realise that a lot of things they pay £20-30 for actually sell in bulk for under a fiver per unit. When I worked in e-commerce we would be shipping things from China that cost pennies and selling them for pounds. You can get decent deals on some of the Chinese sites if you`re willing to wait.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 20 Feb 12:27

Alibaba is quite a site!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net