DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Storm
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 18 Feb 10:02

So down South heading for a national disaster and it`s all over the news, meanwhile us hardened Northerners just get on with it!

Game on tonight?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Storm
Date:   Fri 18 Feb 12:50

Power cut already, should perhaps pay my bill.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: MDCCCLXXXV  
Date:   Fri 18 Feb 12:55

Doesn`t Surprise me LA, you Gelly boys are aw the same, better staying in Ballingry , paraffin heating and candles for light. We are meant to get elastic trickery by 2025

East End Park is a symbol of all that is DAFC.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 18 Feb 13:08

Was up at quite a few "fires" in Ballingry during the miner`s strike in the 80`s, all accidental of course!šŸ¤”šŸ˜‰
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Fri 18 Feb 13:15

Just watched national news. People down south walking dogs on beach,with waves pounding in.Dogs off leads,Utter stupidly.

Post Edited (Fri 18 Feb 20:27)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Fri 18 Feb 13:54

No snow here

Most disappointed, was planning to build an indoor igloo with our super King sized duvet, strip down to my fur lined onesie and tempt the missus to join me for sardines ā€¦

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Fri 18 Feb 21:58

Thankfully, storm ,has left us pretty much untouched in Cairneyhill. A bit wet and soggy. Missed the snow. šŸ˜’.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JnrB  
Date:   Fri 18 Feb 22:14

I was intrigued why they had a red weather warning for wind strengths that would normally see us have a yellow warning. Done a bit of digging and found the European building regulations and expected wind data for each eu country that have to be met. Of course, we get severe weather up here more often thus meaning we have to have higher building standards and regulations.

So Iā€™m guessing the red warning is down to that and population density where we would get a yellow/orange at most.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sat 19 Feb 07:20

That`s interesting about building regs... Makes sense but hadn`t thought about it before
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
Ā© 2021-- DAFC.net