DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 (old) Inverkeithing Primary fire
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Mon 7 Mar 19:58

Saw it`s been reported that the fire was started by men in their 20s rather than local kids mucking about. What`s more they had travelled from West Lothian. As if the didn`t already sound suspicious enough, they`d travelled from West Lothian with flammable products in the boot.

Now, I`m not suggesting foul play, but isn`t it convenient that a listed building will have to be cleared to allow for a housing development. Will the police bother to investigate further?

Post Edited (Mon 07 Mar 19:59)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: (old) Inverkeithing Primary fire
Topic Originator: kechal7  
Date:   Tue 8 Mar 09:15

You are suggesting foul play though aren`t you..

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Tue 8 Mar 11:16

Sounds a bit suspicious, hopefully the police will conduct a thorough investigation of the suspects finances and communications as well as the property developers
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Tue 8 Mar 12:30

Very,very dodgy. Sounds like an organised crime. Police should take it all the way.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Luxembourg Par  
Date:   Tue 8 Mar 12:57

Very obvious too.

Out here, old buildings that are blocking developments often have a suspiciously convenient ‘electrical fire’ which then renders the building ‘unsafe’ and needs to be demolished.

One in my village (that now has 3 houses on the site) suffered a miraculous electrical fire…
I say miraculous as when I viewed it regarding the possibility of developing but keeping the existing building as part of a new house, and keeping the listed part…

There was NO ELECTRICITY on the whole site!
None, nada, zilch!
Not even an old disconnected cable.
I have (in writing) confirmed ‘no connection’ status, as well as costings from the national electric company to excavate the ground and make a FIRST connection…

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 8 Mar 16:20

Nah, I reckon they were simply urban explorers. One accidentally knocked over a can of petrol he`d brought with him as he felt it would be unsafe in the car. As this happened another one was using a lighter to see where he was going and somehow set a curtain slight resulting in the whole building going up. Could have happened to anyone...
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Thu 10 Mar 17:14

According to court report : - “ Bauld was seen trying to set fire to hay on the floor and a door.
Bauld and another in the group went outside for a smoke”

Was it behind the bike shed?

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net