DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Travelling Abroad?
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 17 Mar 08:00

If you`re travelling abroad, check your airline`s website for the latest requirements. I`ve been getting emails from assorted companies offering me PCR and LF tests at discounted rates, even when I enter my destination.

The requirements they state are no longer valid, so unwary passengers could be paying for tests they don`t need. For many countries, if you are fully vaccinated or have proof of having had Covid in the last 6 months, you are not required to take a pred-parture test.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Travelling Abroad?
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Thu 17 Mar 13:23

Think that USA still require tests, daughter in law did about 2 weeks ago, flying via Amsterdam.

Some Celtic supporters had a row at Edinburgh check in as they were asked for tests, seems that if only in transit through Amsterdam Airport you don`t require tests.

If you leave terminal, tests are required.

Total minefield!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 17 Mar 17:51

Son and family going to Disney Florida end of March, tests required.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 17 Mar 19:10

"If you`re travelling abroad, check your airline`s website for the latest requirements."

The government website GOV.UK also gives up to date advice on all countries.

I know that their Travel Locator Form for incoming travellers is no longer needed after tomorrow.

Spain, for example, still requires their SPtH form to be completed - within 48 hours of flying out.

I recently discovered that the NHS Scotland Covid vaccination certificate is now valid for 3 months from date of downloading and printing - originally it was 12 months.

The mobile app version refreshes the holder`s ongoing validity every three days.

Hopefully I `ve got this right !!!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 17 Mar 22:09

Sounds right VE, away to Tenerife next week, Spanish locator form 48 hours before travel date.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Fri 18 Mar 11:54

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Thu 17 Mar 22:09

Sounds right VE, away to Tenerife next week, Spanish locator form 48 hours before travel date.

I’ve completed mine for Mallorca in May as much as I can.

Some questions needed looking into.

1. Flight number - fortunately these are flagged up on general aircraft route information websites well ahead of TUI notification.

2. Seat number - I have extra legroom booked (first time) due to back discomfort, so that was known.

3. Room number in the hotel - reception advised me to ignore this, so I just entered a random number.

4. Location of accommodation - not the resort, as they have that address, but the administrative local government area. Fortunately I knew where to find that info.

Hopefully got it all right !!!

Post Edited (Fri 18 Mar 11:56)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 18 Mar 15:56

The Spanish areas are a bit of a minefield, especially if you`re an outsider!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net