DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Wheel alignment
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 5 Apr 20:46

Where`s good for wheel alignment in Dunfermline? Had an alignment done after some work on the car earlier in the week and it feels like it`s pulling slightly to the left. Based on some Googling, the suggestion is the best bet is to go somewhere with the Hunter system. The only place locally that *may* have it is Kwik Fit but I`d rather avoid them after previous crap experiences with them, plus it says on their website that not all service centres actually have the Hunter system.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Wheel alignment
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Tue 5 Apr 20:54

Are ye sure it`s not your imagination.
A car will always go slightly to the left due to the camber of the road.
Any garage worth their salt should be able to sort your alignment if that`s the problem. I use the guy behind kwikfit... Fair deal.
Not sure of the exact name of the system he uses but I`ve been getting tyres and alignment done there for years and never had an issue.

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Superally  
Date:   Tue 5 Apr 21:00

Could also be due to poor tyre pressure as well.

2009/10, 2010/11, 2013/14, 2015/16 dafc.net Prediction League Champion

It's a well known medical fact that some men were born two drams below par.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Apr 22:00

Checked the tyre pressure and that`s all fine. It`s going left so could relate to the camber but didn`t do it before. On the off chance it`s tyre related I`ll swap the fronts over and see but suspect the alignment is out after the work on it.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Apr 22:02

Quote:

widtink, Tue 5 Apr 20:54

Are ye sure it`s not your imagination.
A car will always go slightly to the left due to the camber of the road.
Any garage worth their salt should be able to sort your alignment if that`s the problem. I use the guy behind kwikfit... Fair deal.
Not sure of the exact name of the system he uses but I`ve been getting tyres and alignment done there for years and never had an issue.

Are you thinking of SavaTyres off Halbeath Road?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Apr 22:14

Aye that`s the fella... Sava tyres.
Where on earth did I get fair deal from?
Senior moment... Apologies.
Also got my brakes done there last year for a very decent price.
Can also recommend the guy at the bottom of Townhill... He done my mot last year.

Admin
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Apr 23:28

There`s FairDeal in Crossgates. Is it the wee one near the bottom of Townhill Road (just before/after the mini roundabout?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Apr 23:33

It is...
Guy I dealt with was Sean.
Good guy.

Admin
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: auldpar  
Date:   Wed 6 Apr 07:08

Last time I got it done was at Tom Farmer in Reid Street. They are always reasonable. After a recent service and MOT, Toyota told me I needed 2 new tyres and of course they would fit them at a `competitive price`. I agreed about one and took the car to Tom Farmer. They fitted one and when I asked about the other they said there was still plenty tread on it and no need to replace it. I`ve never felt `ripped-off` there.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Grant  
Date:   Wed 6 Apr 16:02

Tbf to Kwik Fit they do tend to have the machinery, and you can`t really go wrong with wheel allignment, they`re just an absolute bump. Once tried to charge me 60 quid to get the tyres balanced, the audacity.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Wed 6 Apr 16:28

Always used Fairdeal in Crossgates, they have laser alignment gear plus tyre prices always competitive.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Apr 19:34

Thanks all.

I could consider Kwikfit. Had no real issue with them until last year when the guy had a stinking attitude and effectively told me to go away as he didn`t need my business. It was very odd. I think he just couldn`t be bothered.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: donj  
Date:   Wed 6 Apr 22:03

Many years ago when we had company cars one of our guys went for a couple of new tires at Kwik fit.The guy came in while he was waiting and said your shock absorbers are leaking.He said that was fine and just replace them.He waited till they had them off and handed them the receipt for new shock absorbers from them 3 months before but told them to just carry on fitting the new free ones.

After that and my experiences with them from then I would not go near them ever again.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: shrek par  
Date:   Wed 6 Apr 23:06

Use fair deal a lot at work. Cannot fault them.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Apr 23:17

Quote:

donj, Wed 6 Apr 22:03

Many years ago when we had company cars one of our guys went for a couple of new tires at Kwik fit.The guy came in while he was waiting and said your shock absorbers are leaking.He said that was fine and just replace them.He waited till they had them off and handed them the receipt for new shock absorbers from them 3 months before but told them to just carry on fitting the new free ones.

After that and my experiences with them from then I would not go near them ever again.

I think the issue with these bigger firms is it`s really hit or miss and depends on how they`re run. People slag the likes of Halfords (Halfrauds) but I`ve never had an issue with them. Everything is fixed price so they can`t overquote for the work and I don`t get the impression they get bonuses for extra work, though I don`t know that.

I`ve had good and bad experiences with Kwikfit and only bad experiences with Farmers (not in Dunfermline). D&G and Fife Autocentre both always been decent.

Never tried Fair Deal but it sounds like they could be worth a shot.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tenruh  
Date:   Fri 8 Apr 06:53

Quote:

jake89, Wed 6 Apr 23:17

Quote:

donj, Wed 6 Apr 22:03

I think the issue with these bigger firms is it`s really hit or miss and depends on how they`re run. People slag the likes of Halfords (Halfrauds) but I`ve never had an issue with them. Everything is fixed price so they can`t overquote for the work and I don`t get the impression they get bonuses for extra work, though I don`t know that.

I`ve had good and bad experiences with Kwikfit and only bad experiences with Farmers (not in Dunfermline). D&G and Fife Autocentre both always been decent.

Never tried Fair Deal but it sounds like they could be worth a shot.

Check Fair Deals opening hours definitely closed on a Sunday but not sure if Saturdays also
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net