DAFC.net
Home 16 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Hearing aids
Topic Originator: skpars  
Date:   Sat 16 Apr 23:01

First time poster and looking for some help.

Took my dad (in his 70s)to the game today and noticed how badly his hearing is failing. Never really noticed when he is in his home but it’s very noticeable when out in public. I imagine NHS will take months in the current climate and a little Google research seems to suggest the likes of specsavers audio should be avoided.
If anyone has went through the process of getting fitted out with hearing aids any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Hearing aids
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 16 Apr 23:17

Also the Dunfermline Hearing Centre opposite Wetherspoons.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Sun 17 Apr 07:52

I wouldn’t by pass the NHS without giving it a go, things should start to improve now.
He should contact his GP for assessment, at least they will be able to confirm if there any wax or other obvious problem before referring him to audiology.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: auldpar  
Date:   Sun 17 Apr 12:36

I`ve been through the process recently. Seeing an NHS doctor was virtually impossible. I went to Boots in the Kingsgate for a hearing test. They were great and the actual consultation/test is free. Modern hearing aids can be pretty sophisticated and effective and I was amazed at the difference they have made for me. However, they are pretty expensive. You can pay a deposit and pay the balance in interest-free instalments. At the very least Boots can assess you and there is no obligation to buy from them.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: skpars  
Date:   Sun 17 Apr 15:15

Thanks for the info

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net