DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Consumer rights act question
Topic Originator: DAFC23  
Date:   Wed 1 Jun 23:35

Hi just wondered if anyone had any experience in having to return goods which are faulty.
I purchased a dog crate for the car and was purchased as a customer return so was reduced price, staying on the t and c that customer returns were non refundable.
However when I have gone to build it there are several parts which are so damaged that they will not physically fit together with bent metal rails etc.
Under the consumer rights act do I have any come back to demand a refund as the goods are firstly not fit for purpose and also with some of the damage and sharp edges would actually argue they are potentially dangerous for a puppy.

Was going to contact the company tomorrow to see where I get but just wondered if anyone on here had any previous experience with anything like this , any help would be much appreciated :)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Consumer rights act question
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Thu 2 Jun 06:50

How long ago did you purchase it?

Did you pay on a credit card?

My understanding is that they can`t rely on you waiving your rights.

Some advice here (there is plenty online) www.thelawsuperstore.co.uk/disputes/help-and-advice/how-to-resolve-consumer-disputes-the-right-way#85b25bdd

If they aren`t willing to resolve then I`d be writing it down but then contacting my credit card provider to make a claim, if that`s how you bought it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DAFC23  
Date:   Thu 2 Jun 08:39

Quote:

ipswichpar, Thu 02 Jun 06:50

How long ago did you purchase it?

Did you pay on a credit card?

My understanding is that they can`t rely on you waiving your rights.

Some advice here (there is plenty online) www.thelawsuperstore.co.uk/disputes/help-and-advice/how-to-resolve-consumer-disputes-the-right-way#85b25bdd

If they aren`t willing to resolve then I`d be writing it down but then contacting my credit card provider to make a claim, if that`s how you bought it.

Hi ipswitchpar
Has only been purchased this week and delivered yesterday. Unfortunately it was my partner that purchased and was ordered using a debit card. I know the credit card companies hold responsibility too and are usually good in helping.
Will have a look at that site and give them a call this afternoon hoping they will be reasonable to deal with
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Thu 2 Jun 08:44

My understanding is that if you buy from an online retailer(not an individual) you can choose to cancel the order up to 14 days from the day you receive it-Consumer Contract Regulations. If that time has elapsed or the retailer won`t resolve it you also have the following options.

If the value is over £100 you can raise a Section 75 with your credit card provider if the goods aren`t fit for purpose-even if you have only paid part by card you are entitled to claim for the whole amount of the purchase.

If under £100 you can raise a chargeback claim with either a debit or credit card provider if the order is faulty-you have 120 days from the purchase date to exercise this option.

ETA-I`ve just seen the latest posting advising you paid by debit card so just contact your bank and advise that you want to raise a chargeback claim if you can`t resolve with the retailer.

Post Edited (Thu 02 Jun 08:50)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Thu 2 Jun 11:44

https://www.gov.uk/accepting-returns-and-giving-refunds

You`ve got rights to a refund unless you fall into one of the exceptions and it doesn`t sound like you do.

Crucially:

Penalties for displaying notices:

It’s illegal to display any notice that deliberately misleads consumers or deceives them about their rights, for example a sign that says you do not accept returns or offer refunds.

I`d start off by explaining the situation and asking for a refund. If they decline then quote the above. If they still decline I`d be hitting them on all of the social media highliting the terms on their website and a copy of the above. Hopefully it wouldn`t come to that but as a last resort you`d also have the small claims court.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 2 Jun 12:30

Can still return. People don`t realise the rights they have under the consumer rights act. Have it out and quote it to them if needs be. Also look into what protections your bank offers.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: shrek par  
Date:   Fri 3 Jun 20:38

CRA 2015 for online purchases can be returned within 14 days with no reason. Hence all the amazon sales at john pye etc.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Stanza  
Date:   Fri 3 Jun 21:38

If you have to use the "14-day return" option then this CAB item might be of use.
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/changed-your-mind/changing-your-mind-about-something-youve-bought/

You should be refunded (as well as the purchase price) the standard postage/delivery costs of the item being sent to you, and if you have to pay the postage yourself to return it then this should be refunded to you as well. Establish in your phone call to them how this will work, and when you will receive your refund.

Support Dunfermline Athletic Disabled Supporters` Club (DADSC) when you shop online with one of 7000 firms: https://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/dadsc[
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net