DAFC.net
Home 19 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Replacing a radiator - advice
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 25 Jun 15:39

Our bathroom radiator has become quite rusty on the bottom and I was going to replace it. Done it before so know what to do/expect but not sure if things are different because of the boiler. When I did it before it was on a system using a combi boiler. After I did it I checked the pressure and gave it a wee top up via a wee valve on the boiler. In my current house it`s a traditional system boiler. Does it still need topped up after replacing?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Replacing a radiator - advice
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sat 25 Jun 15:54

Jake if its like mine it will top its self up when you switch the water back on but you will have to bleed all the radiators and the valve in the tank and the valve at the motor (big screw)

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 25 Jun 17:42

Cheers.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LMCK67  
Date:   Sun 26 Jun 16:18

Quote:

jake89, Sat 25 Jun 15:39

Our bathroom radiator has become quite rusty on the bottom and I was going to replace it. Done it before so know what to do/expect but not sure if things are different because of the boiler. When I did it before it was on a system using a combi boiler. After I did it I checked the pressure and gave it a wee top up via a wee valve on the boiler. In my current house it`s a traditional system boiler. Does it still need topped up after replacing?

Should be fine Jake. I believe modern systems boilers are formatted with the combi running the heating and the water tank simply for hot water. More economical as you’re not always heating water.

That being said it should just be like when you last done it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dpard  
Date:   Sun 26 Jun 20:37

Any issues Jake, feel free to give me a shout 👍

The flame still burns
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 26 Jun 21:34

Will do. Ta.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net