DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 FAO par-91 only
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Fri 1 Jul 02:54

This is only for par-91, to try and clear up a point I made on the football forum.

Hi par-91, here`s a recap:

(parsfan97 Tue 28Jun 19:03:)

`Our squad is absolutely nowhere near ready yet, need still another 4/5 signings.`

( Brian Tue 28 Jun 20:56:)

`hmmm.`

(parsfan97 Tue 28 Jun 21:00:)

`Ah yes since we are beating Forfar everything is rosy and we`ll be perfectly fine eh...`

(Rusty Shackleford Tue 28 Jun 21:08:)

`Who is saying that?`

(parsfan97 Tue 28 Jun 21: 14:)

Well when the reply to me is hmmm, it sounds like Brian thinks that point wasn`t valid.`

(Brian Tue 28 Jun 21:15:)

`Some people are so negative. We`ve a new regime, give them a chance FFS.`

(par-91 Tue 28 Jun 21:26)

`Nobody was... being negative though,,, It`s quite clear that there are more signings to come and I`m pretty sure that was the point being made. It [was] just an observation from someone, no?`

(onandupthepars Tue 28 Jun 21:26:)

`To answer your question, par-91, in my opiniion - no - on two counts. Parsfan97`s remark (28 Jun 21:00) did seem pretty snide to me. And I don`t think it was an observation, but an opinion.`

(par-91 Tue 28 Jun 22: 01:)

`I didn`t read it as being snide... To me, it just seemed like he was saying that the squad isn`t complete and needs another 4/5 signings... so I`m struggling to understand why that`s some sort of snide comment?`

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The comment made by parsfan97 that I referred to was:

`Ah yes, since we are beating Forfar everything is rosy and we`ll be perfectly fine.`

If it`s not snide, then it must mean what it says. But it means the opposite, i.e. it`s sarcasm = snide.

And it`s not an observation, an observation is based on something seen or noticed.

You`ve put two of parsfan97`s comments together. I didn`t express any opinion on the idea that we need 4/5 players. I only pointed out that the post that included, `everything is rosy` and `we`ll be perfectly fine,` is snide.

Post Edited (Fri 01 Jul 03:09)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: FAO par-91 only
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 1 Jul 10:12

That`s a lot of thought and work put into something someone has written as a throwaway comment on a third tier football teams fans forum.
I wouldn`t pay too much attention to what folk say on here or waste too much energy worrying about it, there`s more to life than this
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Fri 1 Jul 10:53

Quote:

red-star-par, Fri 01 Jul 10:12

That`s a lot of thought and work put into something someone has written as a throwaway comment on a third tier football teams fans forum.
I wouldn`t pay too much attention to what folk say on here or waste too much energy worrying about it, there`s more to life than this

Nail on the head.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 1 Jul 14:28

Funny - redstar - you could have said, well done onandup, for clarifying that muddy exchange between you and par-91 - because you do get a lot o` these tangled, often contentious, exchanges on this forum and it`s nice to see somebody just take the time and sort one out without any heat or intention to argue. (And also got the nous not to put it on the football forum.)

Instead, it`s some tired old `pearls of wisdom`, from yourself and dd23. So you reckon par-91`s comment was a `throwaway?` Don`t think so, eh, par - 91? How d`ye like red-star acting as yer spokesman?

Keep slappin` yersel`s on the back boys! Keep your comments short and sour!

Enjoy!

Post Edited (Fri 01 Jul 14:32)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dave67  
Date:   Fri 1 Jul 21:46

This is only for par-91, to try and clear up a point I made on the football forum.
If it was only for par-91. You`d have been better trying to contact him privately. But at least your trying to resolve the issue

Let`s try making it till Christmas
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Jul 02:28

I donno Dave, if it was really necessary to keep it private, I would have contacted him, but it`s just a point which happened to take a lot of explaining that wouldn`t have been right to put on the fitba` forum, hence I put the explanation on here.

Anyway, thank you for saying I was trying to resolve the issue.

Post Edited (Sat 02 Jul 02:30)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Roger Daltrey  
Date:   Sat 2 Jul 12:43

Pin this thread and use it as an example why this forum is dying.

Utter mince.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 2 Jul 21:32

Ref Roger Daltrey
Date: Sat 2 Jul 12:43

Quote:

`Pin this thread and use it as an example why this forum is dying.`

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To `Roger Daltrey`, self proclaimed defender of dotnet:

Over 700 views on this thread alone and still counting. You`ve a queer definition of `dying.` And, like it or not, you might as well get used to the fact that some folk are interested in what others, besides you, have got to say.

Post Edited (Sat 02 Jul 22:46)
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Sat 2 Jul 22:02

PS Roger - I can`t get that image you`ve posted. Could you or somebody post it so I can get it on my laptop please?

Post Edited (Sat 02 Jul 22:12)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Roger Daltrey  
Date:   Sat 2 Jul 22:48

No

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBA  
Date:   Sat 2 Jul 22:55

This is up there with the biggest dot.net meltdowns. Regardless of football, this should be encouraging traffic to the site. Keep it coming!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 3 Jul 00:29

I take it it`s just a picture o` `utter mince`. Or did you mean `butter mince,` Roger?

Here we are, I found the recipe on this other forum; https://forum.foodlovers.co.nz/read.php?3,107344

Quote:

PennyG
Butter Mince
July 31, 2007 09:21AM
It was my 17-yr-old son`s turn to cook tonight and he asked me for a recipe for Butter Chicken but he was going to make it with mince as recommended by a friend. Fancy teenage boys talking about recipes! I found him my recipe and suggested he use coconut cream instead of cream as we didn`t have any. The resulting dish was very tasty. Here it is:

Butter Mince

500 g mince
4 Garlic cloves
2 tsp Garum Marsala
2 tsp Cumin
2 tsp Coriander
2 tsp Paprika
1/4 - 1/2 tsp Chilli powder
2 Tbs White vinegar
2 Tbs Tomato paste
1 cn Tomato puree
3/4 cup Chicken stock
5 Cardamon pods, bruised
1 Cinnamon stick
1 cup Coconut Cream (or cream)
1/2 cup Yoghurt
Brown the mince with the garlic and powdered spices. Add the remaining ingredients and simmer 20 - 30 minutes.

Servings: 4

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Looks good tae me. Pity there`s nae picture, but if ye use yer imagination, doesn`t it just get ye droolin`? Though it`s a bit late at this time o` night to be thinkin` aboot havin` mince o` ony kind, whether it`s `utter`, `butter` or och go on get yer apron oan jist this once, who`s tae ken?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Jul 13:58

Here`s a nifty number for a` yous that like tae make yer ain `utter mince.`

It`s a `Doctor Schurze Dry weiB mit schwarzen Streifen`, which translates roughly as a must have for every self-respecting Pars fan who loves their `utter mince`.

So there ye go - it`s a Pars pin stripe, on offer at 32.90 Euros, and German tae. Must be good!

https://www.bloominghome.de/House-Doctor-Schuerze-Dry-weiss-mit-schwarzen-Streifen

Post Edited (Mon 04 Jul 14:03)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: AlterPar  
Date:   Mon 4 Jul 18:32

Are you on drugs?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Mon 4 Jul 19:20

Quote:

AlterPar, Mon 4 Jul 18:32

Are you on drugs?

😁

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Jul 19:34

Hi Alterpar

Why do you ask - are you on them yourself and you just want to know if it`s normal, when you look in the mirror, you look like this?

Well I don`t know, but if it`s your first time and you just need reassurance, I wouldn`t worry, it`s maybe not permanent!

Post Edited (Mon 04 Jul 19:50)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 5 Jul 10:22

I was just thinking about what da no 1 might be on (bread and water? the naughty step? a pogo stick?) and it reminded me of something incredible I bought at the sweet shop, when I was wee. It`s incredible because it wasny something ye ate, it was something ye smoked - a cinammon stick! I mean, I don`t remember it being much fun trying to smoke the thing. It was like a bit of rolled up tree bark. It was horrible. But it was a` the rage for a wee while (probably a very wee while!) The daft things ye do tae try and impress yer friends...

Post Edited (Tue 05 Jul 17:16)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net