DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 When will…
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Mon 4 Jul 08:11

…this effin’ west wind ever stop?

There is a small copse of trees I can see from my back window, now bent over with this relentless “ gentle breeze” as the Beeb weather forecast calls it.

Is 20 mph gentle?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: When will…
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Mon 4 Jul 11:49

This is one of the worst summers I can remember. Sun comes out and it’s too windy. Overcast and there is no breeze. You try to squeeze your whole life into your weekend off but the weather has a large part on doing anything worthwhile. It scunners me.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 4 Jul 12:47

Looks nice down at Wimbledon. If they had the wind like we’re getting there would be 200mph serves!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Tue 5 Jul 17:17

Is it true that if all the planets in the solar system we have the lowest winds?
Boris’ fault as he is just full of hot air, but I have an interest to know if global warming will increase average wind speeds?

Edit: the ones with gas on them. Not the icy ones 🥶

Post Edited (Tue 05 Jul 17:18)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 08:29

Batten down the hatches - 40mph plus forecast for this afternoon. Meanwhile Europe basks in 30C plus.
I blame Brexit ...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 16:35

All my baskets and plants are battered and burned nearly gale force here in East Lothian :-(

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Wed 6 Jul 21:05

Aye,plants are battered to bits.So bloody frustrating, you spend spring, setting up a lovely garden display, and destroyed,in a couple of days.But,hey,ho, just have to salvage what we can.Can`t remember, such a windy ,June and July.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 7 Jul 10:57

Don’t despair gardeners, mature container and basket ready plants will be getting flogged off cheap about now. Still time to create a show.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net