DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Poor wee soul
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 11 Jul 09:11

Its 30 plus degrees and they have wee Willie sitting with a collar, tie and jacket ?

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Poor wee soul
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Mon 11 Jul 11:48

And a great camera shot of his finger up his nose 😂
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Mon 11 Jul 13:42

I wonder when these kids realise what a privileged life they lead or is it drummed into them from an early age that it`s all about `duty` and `service`?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Tue 12 Jul 00:56

I was surprised and disappointed to see it - I thought his parents were a bit more modern - seemed cruel to have him in what looked like his school uniform, when a T- shirt and shorts would`ve been more appropriate. And what kind of person would have been offended by that? You`d think they were at a wedding, no` a sporting occasion. I suppose it`s like, `You`re gonna have to get used to it, so you can start now.`
Cruel and unnecessary.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Tue 12 Jul 06:35

Isn`t it a requirement to wear a tie in the royal box at Wimbledon? I recall Lewis Hamilton being refused entry because he wouldn`t comply.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tad Allagash  
Date:   Tue 12 Jul 22:16

Yeah - that’s the rule. If the wee man had turned up in a t-shirt, it would’ve put the bouncer in an awkward position, so Wills and Kate did the right thing here.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Wed 13 Jul 02:13

Having googled, it seems you`re both right about dress code for the Royal box. (No dress code for spectators elsewhere at Wimbledon.) I still think it should be unecessary - smart but casual should do, now we`re past the 1950s.

You`re right about Lewis Hamilton as well. Though he looked pretty smart to me, in his natty floral shirt and hat. Thanks for giving me a nudge to find out about it.

Post Edited (Wed 13 Jul 02:15)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net