DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 New Flash advert
Topic Originator: rawpars  
Date:   Thu 14 Jul 15:47

https://youtu.be/fEmD3FBXHbA

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: New Flash advert
Topic Originator: Ormiston_Par  
Date:   Thu 14 Jul 16:03

I take absolutely no pleasure in this but can I be brutally honest? Not only is that excruciatingly unfunny, it`s actually quite difficult to watch.

I know it`s very easy for me to be critical when I`m not the one writing and publishing my own comedy material but the above is my own objective opinion.

I just don`t think your destiny is to become a comedian, unfortunately.

The artist formerly known as KGB / Slim Hoolie
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 Jul 16:51

Ormiston I`ve been in entertainment over 30 years and in Gloucester where l reside l host and run a very successful comedy club. May l say you buy yourself a mirror and look in to it and have time to reflect on what you have said.

All the best.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 Jul 16:54

Really? I`d have thought after 30 years you might have developed a slightly thicker skin when it comes to criticism, but there you go.

I stand by my comments above. That video is painfully unfunny - but as I said, you`re the one putting yourself out there, not me.

All the best to you too sir.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 Jul 17:00

I have developed a thicker skin my friend but when l watch somebody and they are not funny l simply either turn over the channel or walk out the venue. You don`t need to personally put it on here. If you find it unfunny then that is your opinion and you are entitled to it but other people do find it funny.

All the best

Rawpars

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 Jul 17:02

Mate, you posted the video on a discussion forum. What did you think was going to happen?

Post Edited (Thu 14 Jul 17:02)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 Jul 17:03

Next !

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 Jul 17:05

So when l get other people on here saying " keep posting them rawpars l like them " do l just stop because you come out with your opinion

Eh no.

Xx

[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Thu 14 Jul 17:05

Indeed. I`ll step back and allow others to have their say, very few of whom will be as polite as I`ve been, I expect :-)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 Jul 17:09

"So when l get other people on here saying " keep posting them rawpars l like them " do l just stop because you come out with your opinion"

I didn`t ask you to stop. I told you it was excruciatingly unfunny and quite difficult to watch.

When you do something creative and make it public, you should expect and be prepared for both positive and negative responses.

Like I say, after 30 years in the entertainment business I`d have thought you would know that :-)

Post Edited (Thu 14 Jul 17:10)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 14 Jul 19:03

Quote:

rawpars, Thu 14 Jul 15:47

Don`t make me come over there!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 Jul 20:31

Rawpars - it has come to my attention that you`re posting these videos on your YouTube channel as a way to try and improve your mental health. Rest assured, if I had I known that then I would not have posted. I`ve struggled with my own mental health in recent years so I know all too well just how difficult it can be. Apologies for the insensitivity on that front.

It would be disingenuous of me to backpedal on my earlier critique of your work however, so I won`t insult or patronise you by doing so. What I will say however is that I hope you keep working on this to the point where your videos are enjoyed by the majority of those who watch them. A word of caution however - this forum in particular can be an especially unforgiving place. Probably not the ideal way to seek feedback on your videos if I`m being honest with you.

I wish you all the best sir.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Thu 14 Jul 20:47

I`ve watched a few of these, they are not really to my taste, but I have seen worse videos going viral. The Flash one has potential, with a bit of work, if you could edit that down to 30 seconds, only use the best parts. The voice work isn`t bad either.
Like I said, it`s not really my type of humour, but someone will like it
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 14 Jul 23:29

Thank you for everybody`s input. No need to apologise ormiston Par . I`ve just started this channel on Sunday and I`m promoting it on here. I know I will get people critizing it but it`s early stages yet and I`ve got to look at my views to see which ones are popular. I have a mate who runs a channel and he says that until you hit 10000 views that`s when you tube start paying out. The Jim white send up was posted yesterday and reached 300 views on one day compared to the political ones. The flash one was put up at 3.0pm and has now hit 82. I`m testing the water att the moment. Also posts should not be more than 2 mins as people lose interest and my mate says you have got to create a dynamic now may name is rod and he said what about the daily RODCAST and that`s how the name came about. My mate has a you tube channel called mooch TV and he does memorials to all the stars. It take him about 6 months until he hits the 10000 mark so it`s just like growing seeds you just have to wait. I produce everything on my mobile with 4 different apps involved and like red star par said there is a lot worse out there. Anyway it`s a hobby which l like. All have a good day Tomorrow xxx

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Fri 15 Jul 00:19

I enjoyed that, especially the `coffee stains` and dancefloor bits. And lots of good one-liners. Glad to see you`ve still got it in for Moggy. And it`s interesting to read about the process and your aims.

The only things I can offer as critique are two technicalities.

Jake89 has said it - one teeny improvement would be to do the hot link. (Make it as easy as you can for folk to watch it, you`d be surprised how many might be put off by having to copy and paste the address.)

Just type this:

then put this at the start [ url ]

and this at the end [ /url ]

Delete the spaces. (Don`t include spaces in the first place. The reason I have done so here is because those `url` bits automatically disappear otherwise.)

The only other minor point I can add is that I find the sound a wee bit unclear. I like the material, I like the voice, the presentation, the upbeat sound and visuals, and the way you`ve handled adverse criticism is first class.

Post Edited (Fri 15 Jul 02:17)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net