DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 New garden hose
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 16:34

Old one sprang a leak last night, unrepairable, new one just arrived from Amazon.

I’ll just leave in the box the now, we have a yellow warning of heavy overnight rain 2100 - 0600.

The parched south of England will be green with envy because much of their grass isn’t!

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: New garden hose
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 16:55

Fancy sending some down?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 22:13

I do recall someone being appointed Minister for Drought back in the day. He was hardly settled in when the heavens opened and he was minister for floods.

Worth a try, write your local MP....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Wed 3 Aug 22:27

What ever you do,don`t buy the expandable hoses.Had about 6,and a total waste of money. And I mean dearer makes,avoid at all costs.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 4 Aug 08:10

I’ve been more fortunate than you, the last one served me well for quite a few years. I tend to get impatient when it get gets stuck round the corner of walls etc and yank it too hard. I think that damaged it.
New one seems more robust anyway so here’s hoping.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Thu 4 Aug 10:57

Quote:

Parboiled, Thu 4 Aug 08:10

I’ve been more fortunate than you, the last one served me well for quite a few years. I tend to get impatient when it get gets stuck round the corner of walls etc and yank it too hard. I think that damaged it.
New one seems more robust anyway so here’s hoping.

And the moral of that story is not to yank your expanding hose so hard!! 👀 Ooeeerrrr!

Post Edited (Thu 04 Aug 10:58)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tad Allagash  
Date:   Thu 4 Aug 19:51

The only problem I’ve found with the expandable hose is that once you’re finished watering and turn off the tap, you’re left with an overly erect (for want of a better word) hose and you end up having to use more water just to be able to store your hose.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net