DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Malmo/Copenhagen how to get there?
Topic Originator: gwh18  
Date:   Sat 27 Aug 11:38

Looking to get malmo/Copenhagen end of October but a quick Google seems to suggest the cheap flights all end in September. Any of you seasoned travellers been how did you get there ?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Malmo/Copenhagen how to get there?
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Sat 27 Aug 11:50

Quote:

gwh18, Sat 27 Aug 11:38

Looking to get malmo/Copenhagen end of October but a quick Google seems to suggest the cheap flights all end in September. Any of you seasoned travellers been how did you get there ?

Try the rometorio app
Normally gives good travel options
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: londonparsfan  
Date:   Sat 27 Aug 11:54

If you`re using Skyscanner you can also put from United Kingdom and then either Copenhagen or Malmo as your destination. You could also put Denmark and Sweden in as your destination.

Expanding the search criteria throws up other airports that might be close enough to make any saving in airfare worth the commute.

Also try searching one way as it might be cheaper to fly in and out of different cities. If its any help Edinburgh to Copenhagen is showing as £13 single on the 26th October?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Aug 11:55

Rometorio is good and seat61 for train travel if you`re looking at travelling to different places via train.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Sat 27 Aug 12:09

Seat61 is excellent.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: gwh18  
Date:   Sat 27 Aug 12:39

Cheers folks That £13.00 flight on sky scanner ? that is exactly the day I need to go. Would be great if that worked out 😂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 27 Aug 12:52

There is a rail station below Copenhagen airport - direct rail link to Malmo.

We flew with Norwegian, from EDI, if memory serves.

Very straightforward.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 27 Aug 17:50

Quote:

gwh18, Sat 27 Aug 12:39

Cheers folks That £13.00 flight on sky scanner ? that is exactly the day I need to go. Would be great if that worked out 😂

Awesome! Hope that comes off!
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Sat 27 Aug 17:54

Used to get the early Ryanair flight to Copenhagen every Monday morning and it was always dirt cheap.
Not sure of the times these days though.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Sat 27 Aug 23:09

Do not drive over the bridge from Copenhagen to Malmö. I still have nightmares at the cost 😫😫

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: hurricane_jimmy  
Date:   Tue 6 Sep 20:40

Missed this one somehow!

I live in the area. CPH airport is very easy. Ryanair, Norwegian and EasyJet all fly in there from EDI and you can fly pretty much every day. Malmö Airport is tiny and only really flies to Stockholm and Eastern Europe. Train station is beneath CPH airport and you can use the Metro or train to get into Copenhagen city and the train to head across to Sweden. As others have said, don`t drive over the bridge of you can avoid it as the cost is ridiculous. Renting a car is cheaper on the Danish side though. I`d definitely recommend visiting Roskilde if you have the time and walking the waterfront in Helsingborg and taking the ferry across to Helsingør is worth it as well.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Tue 6 Sep 22:13

I remember going to the world cup qualifier in Oslo in 1988. We got the overnight train from Copenhagen to Oslo and part of the train went on the ferry which had rails on the deck. I had never seen anything like it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Cleveland12  
Date:   Wed 7 Sep 20:05

The train from Copenhagen to Malmo is incredibly quick and easy, reasonably priced too! You can just buy a ticket in Copenhagen central before you go.

If you`ve got the time there is a beautiful market a few minutes from Malmo station that does all different types of cuisine. Expensive but worth a visit!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Skid Chicane  
Date:   Fri 9 Sep 16:01

Spent 3 weeks iwith family n the summer in Hollviken, just south of Malmo. Beautiful part of the world. Spent a couple of days in Copenhagen which also was stunning. As most have said, really easy to get to. Easyjet to Copenhagen, then 15 minutes in the train across the bridge.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net