DAFC.net
Home 20 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 And the toon clock chimed two
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Thu 1 Sep 16:08

Anyone else see the fly past over the Abbey yesterday in memory of Dunfermline born Wing Commander Gordon Henderson who was killed in a climbing accident in Pakistan last month. Judging by the numbers in civvies and uniform going in it was a well attended memorial service.

Time advised 1400, height 1000 ft. I had to be somewhere else at 1420 , but needn’t have worried, three Typhoons roared over exactly as the clock struck two. As for the height, well if it was as amazingly accurate as the timing now I know what a Typhoon at 1000 ft looks like.

Post Edited (Thu 01 Sep 16:10)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: And the toon clock chimed two
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Thu 1 Sep 21:34

I aboot wet masel!
They flew over my house at 1.55 and the thunderous noise made it seem like a plane was falling from the sky.

But it was a cracking sight to see. Three beautiful typhoons in formation. (I’d love to sit in a fighter jet during a flight).

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 07:37

I’m sure quite a few folk would have got a fright. We only knew about it because Mrs P saw something on Facebook. We were up the Town anyway so wandered down to the Maygate, not really sure if we would see it because we couldn’t hang around long if there was any delay. A fair number of passers by decided to pause for a bit as well as well when they found out what was going on.

Never seen a Typhoon so close before, though often see the vapour trails way way over 1000 feet though!

An awful tragedy for his young family who I hope drew some comfort from the service and the presence of so many of his RAF friends and fellow airmen

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The Toun Clock  
Date:   Fri 2 Sep 14:40

Was out walking the dog when they roared over the top of me, nearly sh*t my kegs but really cool to see once I composed myself.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net