DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 The original King Charlie
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 10 Sep 13:10

King Charles I was born in Dunfermline (one of our 7 kings). I was doing some googling and noticed it says Dunfermline Palace is in Rosyth. Apparently it`s just over from Tesco 😂
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: The original King Charlie
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Sat 10 Sep 14:16

Jake, a few years ago outside Rosyth Tesco a very puzzled German couple asked me if I knew where the Palace was. Old Palace picture Hoose must have popped up on their satnav or something.
Just directed them along Primrose to the country route up Grange road. Hope it was worth the trip!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kozmasrightfoot  
Date:   Sun 11 Sep 15:33

I cant find the post but well done on that chess joke, it was really funny.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Sun 25 Sep 22:20

I suppose when Charlie Uno was born in what`s now part of the Glen, it was a feather in the cap for Dunfermline. Too bad he grew up to be a right rum geezer - not much capital can be made out of him by our Tourist Board.

I was wondering if anyone had any ideas of how to spin him to the town`s advantage. Maybe along the lines of Guy Fawkes, who`s seen as deserving of annual cremation amid joyous celebration. Yeh maybe Dunfermline could celebrate his birthdate by putting him on a bonfire in the Public Park. Big barbie night, fireworks, live rock etc. Well they burn the wicker man in the Hebrides or something, just needs somebody to start these things...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Sun 25 Sep 22:44

Two great achievements of Charlie Uno:

Moved to England when he was about three?

Got Royalty abolished for a wee while (albeit posthumously}

Not such a bad lad after all.

Post Edited (Mon 26 Sep 17:49)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net