DAFC.net
Home 29 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Uber
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Sun 25 Sep 13:42

Did I really just see an advert that suggests they are doing a really good thing by paying their drivers when they are on holiday?!?

If so I find this staggering. I`d be embarrassed marketing this as something special.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Uber
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 25 Sep 14:01

I`ve not seen the advert but Uber don`t technically employ anyone. Drivers take on contracts so get paid for what they work. All Uber do is provide software.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars4life1  
Date:   Sun 25 Sep 14:34

I thought they had been taken to court and no must treat their drivers as employees.

But yes, it’s an odd advert boasting about doing what they’ve been legally forced to do, I guess it’s a clamber to try rebuild reputation.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 25 Sep 14:43

Employment contracts are the sort of red tape we must get rid of if we are going to grow the economy.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 25 Sep 15:27

Like it wee eck :-)

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 25 Sep 15:46

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 25 Sep 14:43

Employment contracts are the sort of red tape we must get rid of if we are going to grow the economy.

Many a true word....... 🙁

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 25 Sep 15:53

Quote:

jake89, Sun 25 Sep 14:01

I`ve not seen the advert but Uber don`t technically employ anyone. Drivers take on contracts so get paid for what they work. All Uber do is provide software.

Laws should be introduced to protect workers being exploited by sharp practices like this. You want people to work for your company - you must treat them as your dependents, with contracts, holidays, sick pay etc.

Fat chance the Tories will ever bring such laws in - it might limit the scope for the rich to get richer.... Why do so many poor people vote for them?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Sun 25 Sep 17:11

Post Edited (Sun 25 Sep 17:15)
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 25 Sep 18:52

I would imagine all the couriers that deliver the parcels will be employed on similar terms.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Fri 30 Sep 05:30

Super Pumped - The Battle for Uber is a a pretty good drama on Paramount if anyone’s noticed it and wondered if it was worth watching. I’m sure there will be some artistic licence but some of what they used to do was incredible as was how toxic they and Travis Kalanick ultimately became.

Side note - didn’t even recognise Uma Thurman in it at first.

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net