DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Replacement Car Key
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Thu 27 Oct 12:56

I managed to lose my spare car key earlier this week and have been unable to find it. The spare doesn`t lock/unlock the car remotely. (Mrs Riva owns that one. 😕)

Where would the best place be to get a replacement key, similar to the one I`ve lost and roughly how much can I expect to pay for it?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Replacement Car Key
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 27 Oct 13:25

It depends on the manufacturer and type of key but Timpsons can do it. It`ll likely need coded. Some cars allow you to do it yourself by doing a particular process but most need a professional.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sintv  
Date:   Thu 27 Oct 13:39

Call Alex in cowdenbeath 07802 780230. He`ll sort you out cheaper than the main garages
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Superally  
Date:   Thu 27 Oct 15:52

Battery needed for the spare I think

2009/10, 2010/11, 2013/14, 2015/16 dafc.net Prediction League Champion

It's a well known medical fact that some men were born two drams below par.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 27 Oct 20:18

Thanks to all who replied. I`m going to take a second visit to Dunfermline Police station on Sat morning, in case someone has handed it in, failing that I`ll act on the advice received.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Fri 28 Oct 08:50

I’d be surprised if there are not websites which will indicate the procedure ref. specific models of vehicle.

YouTube is worth a look.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 28 Oct 10:54

Quote:

veteraneastender, Fri 28 Oct 08:50

I’d be surprised if there are not websites which will indicate the procedure ref. specific models of vehicle.

YouTube is worth a look.

I did a fair bit of this for a previous car. What I found was that with a Ford you need the original key with a red top to do it yourself. Without that you need a pro. You can still get Ford keys cut and programme the lock/unlock yourself without that red key but it won`t start as the immobiliser chip won`t be coded.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: twin par  
Date:   Fri 28 Oct 23:09

Had a kia.Needed a dealer to sort it.
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Sun 30 Oct 10:07

Went up to Dunfermline Police station at 10 am on Sat. and it was closed. Pressed the buzzer on the intercom, which dialled me through to Police Scotland somewhere. The lady who took the call told me she would phone the station and someone would let me in. I waited over 5 mins but nobody came.

Walked to Timpson`s in East Port with the original car key and asked if they could make a copy without remote control. Yes, £70. Told them I`d check with the police again. Back to the station at 10.30. Still closed. Tried the intercom 5 or 6 times - no answer until my final attempt, when I got a recorded message informing me that "Police Scotland was currently experiencing a high volume of calls...."

What absolute tosh! Just as well I didn`t have a semi urgent issue to try and sort out. ☹

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 30 Oct 10:42

It`s the same everywhere apart from probably Glasgow. When we lived in Edinburgh the stations were always closed. There was a story about a guy getting attacked whilst on the intercom at one station as it had no-one in it.

They were apparently spending money upgrading the windows at the police station but surely no point if it`s always closed?
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net