DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Market Cross
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 14:03

Just read that some scum balls have destroyed the Unicorn on top of the Market Cross. Beyond repair apparently.

Hope these cretins get caught.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Market Cross
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 14:35

It’s despicable

https://www.dunfermlinepress.com/news/23118031.vandals-target-unicorn-statue-dunfermlines-market-cross/

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 17:18

Quote:

desparado, Fri 11 Nov 14:03

Just read that some scum balls have destroyed the Unicorn on top of the Market Cross. Beyond repair apparently.

Hope these cretins get caught.

That`s made me very angry. I would gladly ram a unicorns horn right up their erchie when they catch them. What happened to that kid that burnt down Woodmill HS and those ones that killed the peacocks? F all probably, they should be getting badly beaten for pulling stuff like that
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 17:19

It`d be interesting to see the footage (if there is any). Was it forced off, or did it fall off as a result of someone trying to climb it/stick a cone on top. Neither is acceptable but the latter would suggest it was in a dangerous state. I wonder if this will accelerate the plans to shift it a bit down the road to the proposed public square (still a crap idea IMO. Get some flats built there instead!)

On a related point - does the CCTV even work? At some point someone managed to burn the decking on the gap site and there`s been various issues on Chalmers Street, Glen Bridge and the Bus Station. How is no-one getting picked up for this stuff?!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 19:39

Jake, one of the comments on the DPress report suggested that the cctv wasn’t being looked at often enough / wasn’t working. 😞

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 11 Nov 21:04

Wouldn`t surprise. I`m not in the way of noting where cameras are but the last one I saw in Dunfermline looked like it was from the 80s!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 10:13

Maybe the mysterious Dunfermline delivers group could chip in for an upgraded CCTV system.

Have they delivered anything apart from a few planters?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 11:38

Quote:

desparado, Sat 12 Nov 10:13

Maybe the mysterious Dunfermline delivers group could chip in for an upgraded CCTV system.

They closed up shop two years ago. CCTV is Fife Council`s job. They`re too busy spending all that government money intended for all of Fife on Kirkcaldy. Still can`t believe there wasn`t a bigger fuss made about that. 1.5m handed to Kirkcaldy, 600k handed to Glenrothes whilst Fife`s biggest town (as it was at the time) got...300k, the same as Lochgelly!
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 12:44

Don`t know what they are spending it on here!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 13:26

Date: Sat 12 Nov 11:38

Quote:

desparado, Sat 12 Nov 10:13

They closed up shop two years ago. CCTV is Fife Council`s job. They`re too busy spending all that government money intended for all of Fife on Kirkcaldy. Still can`t believe there wasn`t a bigger fuss made about that. 1.5m handed to Kirkcaldy, 600k handed to Glenrothes whilst Fife`s biggest town (as it was at the time) got...300k, the same as Lochgelly!

Jeez. I never knew that. So Scotland newest city is being treated like a village by Fife council. Neither wonder the city centre is a mess. Every property in the heritage quarter should be obliged to keep up appearances and keep a minimum standard instead of paint flaking off , masonary broken , gutters and down pipes broken , Buddleia growing out of almost every roof top. It’s a disgrace.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 13:39

Gonna be spent where Labour/Tory reside I would imagine, believe more money going to the Prom at Kirkcaldy.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 12 Nov 14:06

The Lochgelly money was spent on a study I think. The Kirkcaldy money was chucked at the Adam Smith centre. That was 1.5m after the 10m spent on the high street and 2m on the Promenade.

The plans for Dunfermline are a complete mess. Rather than spending money on a ridiculous square beside the bus station they should be selling it off as housing land rather than pushing for retail/office. The council would rather it was left a gap site than accept they paid over the odds for it.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net