DAFC.net
Home 28 March 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Freesat
Topic Originator: Aylesbury_Par  
Date:   Fri 3 Feb 10:58

Anybody got experience of Freesat?

If I buy one of these boxes can it be connected up to the current Sky dish that is fitted as plug n play or is there any tuning/modification required?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Freesat
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 3 Feb 11:30

Not strictly Freesat but my old TV had a connector for satellite so I hooked it up to our old Sky dish out of interest. You scan for channels and it picks them up. I`d imagine it`s the same for a Freesat box.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sintv  
Date:   Fri 3 Feb 11:53

You can use dish as long as it wasn`t skyq. If you had skyhd, you know your box will still get free sat channels though of course, no recordings
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: maradona86  
Date:   Fri 3 Feb 12:18

I have the Freesat Recordable 4K TV Box replacing my old Sky HD box, simply connects to the old Sky coaxial cable no tuning required.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Feb 13:52

I currently have SkyQ and will be returning the equipment later this month so it sounds like the current dish wont be suitable for Freesat then!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Feb 14:13

Call me zero seven 75961 9666 and I`ll talk you through it
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 3 Feb 16:08

Quote:

Aylesbury_Par, Fri 3 Feb 13:52

I currently have SkyQ and will be returning the equipment later this month so it sounds like the current dish wont be suitable for Freesat then!

I don`t use Sky but though Sky Q was through WiFi rather than satellite. If you have a dish and a coax cable (may be two) then you stick that cable into the box and it`s fine. It might be worth checking the back of your TV to see if it has a Cable/Sat connection. If it does then you could use that to test if it works.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 3 Feb 16:57

Quote:

jake89, Fri 3 Feb 16:08

Quote:

Aylesbury_Par, Fri 3 Feb 13:52

I don`t use Sky but though Sky Q was through WiFi rather than satellite. If you have a dish and a coax cable (may be two) then you stick that cable into the box and it`s fine. It might be worth checking the back of your TV to see if it has a Cable/Sat connection. If it does then you could use that to test if it works.

Skyq is through a dish and q lnb isn`t compatible with any current tv
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: SAP PAR  
Date:   Sat 4 Feb 14:13

You can change the LNB. Did this recently and was very straightforward and easy. Picked one up from screwfix
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Tue 7 Feb 11:09

I can aslo confirm that it`s an easy task to change the LNB from SKYQ back to original LNB.
did that at my daughters a couple months back

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 7 Feb 12:04

Thanks for all the responses and to SinTV who took the time to talk me through the options.

I now know how to proceed once I have ditched Sky.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net