DAFC.net
Home 26 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Am i the idiot?
Topic Originator: Thaipar  
Date:   Sun 7 May 13:17

have several online pages so lets see how this one goes.

I am a long time resident here in Thailand, and heard and been scammed by these fraudulent scammers,being duped of land some years ago.
In the past few years i was introduced to a guy who is a foreigner who`s girlfriend is an influencer here in Thailand.
I found out a bit of background and the guy gave the influencer money to start her business.he`s like me no spring chicken and as he has a heart as big as my own gave what he could to help this lass.
This influncer has a following of which my wife pops into now and then to hear what she`s selling/doing.
one particular session this influencer was telling her followers she is making so much money she send her boyfriend $6000 a month .
In the same video she says she was visited by a guy selling lucky garden ornaments.
He gave her 2 choices, buy this ornament and bla bla bla or this ornament and you will never have sex again and no more failed relationships.
She chose number 2.
She chose a stupid garden ornament over her boyfriend!!

My wife was shocked and told me what she seen and heard.
I messaged the guy to see if his GF had indeen transferred money he said she had but not what was quoted.
He had no idea why i was asking this question
As my wife and i had met this Influencer she had told my wife when he dies she gets 25million baht.thats almost 600k gbp.

What would you advise?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Am i the idiot?
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 7 May 15:36

I`m struggling to comprehend. Some random guy said buy some crap and she bought it? What`s that got to do with the £600k?

Influencers can make a lot of money but they have to have massive followings. Even the big UK ones are still living with their parents or on credit cards.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Ormiston_Par  
Date:   Sun 7 May 19:19

I`ve read the OP 3 times now and still haven`t a scooby what`s going on.

Seek help Thaipar.

The artist formerly known as KGB / Slim Hoolie
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tad Allagash  
Date:   Sun 7 May 20:46

I’m also baffled. What was option 1?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 7 May 21:00

Has he found out she was really a he?🤔😲🙃
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 7 May 22:37

ChatGPT to the rescue:

In summary, the narrator discovered that the influencer, who had received financial assistance from the guy, claimed to be sending a significant amount of money to her boyfriend. However, when presented with a choice between a lucky garden ornament and one that would allegedly prevent failed relationships, she chose the latter option. The narrator finds this decision perplexing, and upon contacting the guy, he confirmed the money transfer but not the exact amount mentioned. Additionally, the influencer had informed the narrator's wife about her expected inheritance upon the guy's passing.

Post Edited (Sun 07 May 22:40)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tad Allagash  
Date:   Sun 7 May 22:59

What about the ‘bla bla bla’ option? Was there a 3rd option to not buy any ornament?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: 33Par  
Date:   Sun 7 May 23:13

Chang and Singha comes to mind..

Marootsmin
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Bletchley_Par  
Date:   Sun 7 May 23:17

Quote:

ChatGPT to the rescue:

This must be a new definition of "rescue" we had previously been unaware of. It`s the bleedin Rosetta stone we need with this one.

Post Edited (Mon 08 May 02:26)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 8 May 04:07

Quote:

jake89, Sun 7 May 22:37

ChatGPT to the rescue:

In summary, the narrator discovered that the influencer, who had received financial assistance from the guy, claimed to be sending a significant amount of money to her boyfriend. However, when presented with a choice between a lucky garden ornament and one that would allegedly prevent failed relationships, she chose the latter option. The narrator finds this decision perplexing, and upon contacting the guy, he confirmed the money transfer but not the exact amount mentioned. Additionally, the influencer had informed the narrator`s wife about her expected inheritance upon the guy`s passing.

If that was supposed to help it failed.
I am still utterly baffled.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Mon 8 May 13:12

Maybe that`s the point Parrot. Even chat gpt couldn`t answer the original question!

FWIW I`d stay well out of the situation but it sounds like Thaipar is past that point.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 8 May 19:49

Perhaps we should disregard the body of the post itself and just concentrate on the question posed in the subject title. I`ll go first.

Yes.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Mon 8 May 21:29

And its a Yes from me

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: onandupthepars  
Date:   Mon 8 May 21:53

My interpretation of the OP is that Thaipar is worried about being scammed again, and worried about the influence of the influencer on himself and his wife?

If so, I`d say Thaipar, don`t have anything to do with the influencer or her like. Get all that stuff out of your life, don`t follow such people, don`t read their stuff, be very wary of anyone wanting money or anything from you, better to be over-cautious and careful with what you`ve got, instead of being too trusting or thinking there`s easy money to be made.

Is that the sort of answer you were hoping for? BTW, you`ve been scammed once, that doesn`t mean you`re an idiot, only that you were gullible once and should learn from that. Yeh?

Post Edited (Mon 08 May 21:56)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Tue 9 May 05:17

Quote:

onandupthepars, Mon 8 May 21:53

My interpretation of the OP is that Thaipar is worried about being scammed again, and worried about the influence of the influencer on himself and his wife?

If so, I`d say Thaipar, don`t have anything to do with the influencer or her like. Get all that stuff out of your life, don`t follow such people, don`t read their stuff, be very wary of anyone wanting money or anything from you, better to be over-cautious and careful with what you`ve got, instead of being too trusting or thinking there`s easy money to be made.

Is that the sort of answer you were hoping for? BTW, you`ve been scammed once, that doesn`t mean you`re an idiot, only that you were gullible once and should learn from that. Yeh?

Agreed wholeheartedly. GTFoutathere!
Sounds like the Thai version of the prosperity gospel.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Thaipar  
Date:   Tue 9 May 09:37

Ok apologies, sunday there was alcohol consumed as i was at a wedding all day from 7am to 6pm so it was gobbledigook.

anyways, like i said the guy i knowset his GF up in business, now she has hundreds of thousands of followers, she is making good coin by selling things to her followers. I`ve met her BF a few times and he`s a great bloke. My wife was watching her live show one evening when she heard her say about how much she gives him for pocket money each month, it was a sizeable sum, put it this way more than your average salary it was approx 4K gbp. monthly.
When my wife and i visited them at their home me and this guy went out for aa few sherries and left the ladies at home.
Obviously i didn`t give a hoot about what they were chatting about,never cared to ask. As it turn out all she spoke about was his wealth and what she would get when he died.
After my wife seen the live stream, she asked me what i knew about this guy, i said not too much, she went on to tell me about her allegedly giving her BF x amount of money each month and she was a bit concerned about what she heard her say further.
In Thailand the ladies especially believe in fortune tellers etc. ( My ex was told by some random guy that her chin was not bringing her good luck and she should have it reshaped, i kid you not she was on holiday from Scotland and she got botox filler in her chin, told me she fell off her motorcycle,after a few months the swelling hadn`t reduced i took her to Murrayfield hospital, sat in the car before we went to see the Dr she told me what she had actually done!!)
So this guys GF was visited at home by one of these fortune teller types.
He offered her this garden ornaament for free, but she could only accept it if she would go through the rest of her life alone, no BF, no sex. She accepted this ornament!!
So, i messaged the guy and asked him about his pocket money, he said he got some money from her but nowhere near what she is boasting on her live stream.
He spoke to her, they had a big argument, she then went on live stream again and berated my wife and i for telling him what was said, my wife`s details were shared with all her followers including her government job/location our\pharmacy and location. So this led to my wife berating me for telling the BF what was said!!
So the BF won`t talk to me now and i got it bad for a while from the wife.

As i asked am i the idiot for telling him?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: dd23  
Date:   Tue 9 May 16:39

So what was so special about the garden ornament that she wanted it, even though she would be alone for the rest of her life? And is she still with her boyfriend?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 May 17:30

So, long story short, she claims to her followers she`s giving him lots of money but she`s not. The reality is she`s wishing him dead so she can get his money.

The ornament just confirms she`s a gold-digger.

She`s now upset at getting found out so is slagging off ThaiPars wife.

Sounds to me like the guy and ThaiPar`s family should steer clear.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 9 May 17:45

I`m only half-joking when I suggest there could easily be a six-part Netflix documentary made out of this....

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Tue 9 May 17:58

An influencer giving an illusion of grandeur to her `followers`-whatevever next?🤣

Post Edited (Tue 09 May 17:59)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: aaaaaaaaaargh  
Date:   Tue 9 May 19:07

Ormiston - Six might be a bit ambitious. I was thinking of a four-parter with an option for a feature-length backstory spin-off about no-sex-gnome. Get your people to talk to my people and we`ll have the contracts done by the weekend.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Tue 9 May 20:14

Well, you`re not John McGlynn at least.

Ep.16 of East End Tales is out now with Steven Mill

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14949749
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net