DAFC.net
Home 19 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 PGA and LIV tours merge
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Tue 6 Jun 17:41

Seems the Saudis are only really bad until everyone gets a cut of that sweet sweet cash $$$$

“The PGA Tour has agreed to merge with its Saudi-backed rival LIV Golf.

The shock announcement comes after a year of unprecedented disruption in the men`s professional game following the launch of the LIV Golf circuit.

The two tours signed an agreement that would combine the PGA Tour and LIV Golf`s commercial businesses and rights into a new, yet-to-be-named for-profit company. The agreement includes the DP World Tour, also known as the European PGA Tour.”

Title edited as cuts off at PGA since the modern term for the European tour has another meaning 😂

Post Edited (Tue 06 Jun 17:43)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: PGA and LIV tours merge
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 6 Jun 18:43

Genuine LOL at the last line there.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: doctordandruff  
Date:   Wed 7 Jun 10:20

This is an absolute shocker. Cant believe it. At least I assume Norman is a goner
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Wed 7 Jun 14:34

I think this was inevitable after Koepka won the last major.The Ryder Cup is looming and the PGA won`t want to have excluded some of the best players from that.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: arpar  
Date:   Sat 10 Jun 09:34

Quote:

parathletic, Wed 7 Jun 14:34

I think this was inevitable after Koepka won the last major.The Ryder Cup is looming and the PGA won`t want to have excluded some of the best players from that.

They were already eligible to play for the US ryder cup team as that is not run by the PGA tour much like the PGA championship that brooks won. The PGA of America is seperate from the PGA Tour who broke away in the 60`s.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sun 11 Jun 19:13

They are eligible but it would have been depleted teams as none of the LIV players were picking up any ranking points in their own events.There are a few well down the rankings who would normally be in.I`m guessing it is going to be easier for the captain to now make LIV players picks.
A few of the Europeans resigned their tour status too so they are ineligible-interesting to see what happens to them.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net