DAFC.net
Home 26 June 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Scottish Rugby
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 7 Jul 10:51

Ruth Davidsons appointment as Non Executive Director ain`t going down too well, does this mean she won`t be at EEP so much?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Scottish Rugby
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 7 Jul 11:07

Person who described 9/10 Scots as being leeches is never going to be popular. For what it`s worth, I thought she was an excellent politician but was unfortunately in the wrong party.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Fri 7 Jul 20:01

What an odd and out of touch move by the SRU
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Bletchley_Par  
Date:   Fri 7 Jul 20:40

Anyone who objects to her appointment is a homophobe, no exceptions.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Fri 7 Jul 22:27

Does she have enough time for this role and her nice little earner in the House of Lords ?

How will she pickup her £300 daily attendance money ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sat 8 Jul 09:22

`Anyone who objects to her appointment is a homophobe, no exceptions.`

That got the reception it deserved.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: fcda  
Date:   Sun 9 Jul 08:28

https://news.stv.tv/sport/thousands-sign-petition-to-remove-ruth-davidson-from-scottish-rugby

Just hitting 6000 now...
https://www.change.org/p/remove-ruth-davidson-from-scottish-rugby-union
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sun 9 Jul 10:50

Quote:

fcda, Sun 9 Jul 08:28

https://news.stv.tv/sport/thousands-sign-petition-to-remove-ruth-davidson-from-scottish-rugby

Just hitting 6000 now...
https://www.change.org/p/remove-ruth-davidson-from-scottish-rugby-union

I can`t stand the Conservative party but if the SRU think she`s the best person for the job then who are we to argue differently, just because of her political beliefs?

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Sun 9 Jul 11:14

Andrew’s “out of touch” would be clever wee pun, but he thinks that is a half box of strawberries…

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Jul 12:39

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 9 Jul 10:50

I can`t stand the Conservative party but if the SRU think she`s the best person for the job then who are we to argue differently, just because of her political beliefs?

I suppose it`s a bit more than just "political beliefs". She was Tory leader for a number of years and is still representing them as Baroness Davidson of Lundin Links in the House of Lords.

I think a lot of folk just really hate the Tories - not just disagree or dislike but absolute hated of all that they stand for.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Jul 13:38

Quote:

fcda, Sun 9 Jul 12:39

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 9 Jul 10:50

I suppose it`s a bit more than just "political beliefs". She was Tory leader for a number of years and is still representing them as Baroness Davidson of Lundin Links in the House of Lords.

I think a lot of folk just really hate the Tories - not just disagree or dislike but absolute hated of all that they stand for.

Still doesn`t really mean she isn`t the right person for the job though, does it?

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Jul 14:17

Another `Scottish Rugby` story is that Stuart Hogg has announced his retirement from rugby with immediate effect so he won`t be at the World Cup. He says his body can`t cope with the demands of rugby any more.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 9 Jul 15:45

Sounds like yer fish supper was in a 3 month auld Sunday Post wee eck :-))

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sun 9 Jul 15:54

Not at all BP. Originally he had announced that he would retire after the world cup. He has just today announced his retirement with immediate effect.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Jul 15:56

I didn`t realise the BBC picked up their news from the papers but, come to think of it, that explains a lot.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Jul 16:11

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 9 Jul 13:38
Still doesn`t really mean she isn`t the right person for the job though, does it?

It depends on your definition. Goodwillie was a good footballer but not "right" for the job.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 9 Jul 16:43

Topic Originator: wee eck
Date: Sun 9 Jul 15:56

I didn`t realise the BBC picked up their news from the papers but, come to think of it, that explains a lot.

It was a wee jolly jibe wee eck and towk as fine ye ken .. He has had his day .. was good but making the right decision

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Jul 18:44

Quote:

fcda, Sun 9 Jul 16:11

Quote:

It depends on your definition. Goodwillie was a good footballer but not "right" for the job.

Some leap there fella

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 9 Jul 23:23

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 9 Jul 18:44

Quote:

Quote:

Some leap there fella

Just an analogy, demonstrating that someone can have the skills for a job (does she?) but still be a bad decision.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Mon 10 Jul 00:10

Quote:

fcda, Sun 9 Jul 23:23

Quote:

da_no_1, Sun 9 Jul 18:44

Quote:

Quote:

Some leap there fella

Just an analogy, demonstrating that someone can have the skills for a job (does she?) but still be a bad decision.

Very poor analogy.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 10 Jul 20:37

Quote:

PARrot, Mon 10 Jul 00:10

Very poor analogy.

In context, it`s actually a very good analogy but maybe you`re mis-understanding or maybe I am.

For the record, I`m marginally against this appointment but I can see both sides and I`m trying to justify the view against the appointment which seems under represented on this thread.

Referring to the fact that a lot of people will dislike the appointment because of her current and previous political role with the Tory party, da_no_1 wrote: Still doesn`t really mean she isn`t the right person for the job though, does it?

Specifically on that point I am saying that someone`s actions outside the remit of a job DO affect whether they are "right" for the job.

And, as an analogy, I provided a very recent extreme example which demonstrates this.

My comment in no way suggests that the reasons in these two cases are similar or related. It was a reply specifically to da_no_1`s point, as should have been clear by the fact that da_no_1`s post was quoted.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 12 Jul 19:09

Opinion piece in The Herald:
Ruth Davidson`s SRU appointment will only stir division
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: desparado  
Date:   Thu 13 Jul 15:38

Ruth Davidson’s only motivation for this will be to enrich herself. She will have no interest in anything that will benefit grassroots rugby in Scotland.
So why have they appointed her?
To use her connections to sell rights and make money for the few at the expense of the many ?
I am sure they could have appointed someone else, someone less controversial to do the same job.
Big mistake by the SRU appointing this nasty individual.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 14 Jul 09:17

…Says the headbanger who storms oot of a shop if he sees a Union flag on a pack of sausages

I take it he’s not to happy with the SRU royal patron either?

Post Edited (Fri 14 Jul 09:23)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 14 Jul 13:12

Name calling again to make your point 👏👏👏

Intended or not, it reads like you`re unable to come up with a valid counter-argument.

Regarding flags on packaging, even if you don`t, clearly Asda knows how devisive they can be, having chosen to generally favour the Scottish flag in Scotland, while using the union flag in England.

I also think people absolutely should vote with their feet if they don`t like what a business is doing, either with their products, marketing, ownership or whatever. It happens all the time.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 14 Jul 15:38

And Tunnock’s to you too…

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net