DAFC.net
Home 26 June 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Bert Allan comedian
Topic Originator: rawpars  
Date:   Fri 21 Jul 00:37

Deep in shock tonight the comedian and former stenhouisemuir and Scotland goalkepper has passed away. I`ve known Bert since l became a Butlins redcoat in Ayr . His comic timing was fantastic and you dared not to move if you watched him or he would home on on you. Forget all the comedians billy Connolly, chic Murray Scotland has lost one of the best comedians to come out of this country

I last saw him perform at east end park at a gig there and as soon as he saw me has was straight on me taking the mickey.

He taught me how to yodel.

R.I.P Bert

I`ll miss you.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Bert Allan comedian
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 21 Jul 05:42

Very sad to hear this. I`ve known Bert and all his family since the late 60s. All lovely folk. I think Bert had a spell as a goalkeeper for Stenhousemuir. Saw him occasionally at EEP, but hadn`t seen him for a long time now.

A very funny man. I remember being at an event in a tent on the EEP pitch at which Bert was doing his stand up routine. When he spotted me in the audience, he started to ad lib and had everyone in stitches, including me, of course. 😀

R. I. P. Bert. The world is a poorer place without you.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 21 Jul 09:47

Sad to hear this today, he had been struggling with illness for a while. One of Lochgelly`s finest, his son was in my daughters year at Lochgelly High and was seemingly just as funny as his father!

RIP Bert😢❤️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 23 Jul 17:05

Think he got his humour from his mum, Mary? A very funny lady

RIP, Bert

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 23 Jul 17:20

So sad ..a genuine funny man .. thoughts and sympathy with all family and friends .. RIP The Laird of Steelend

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net