DAFC.net
Home 26 June 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Fridge freezer repair recomendation required.
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Fri 28 Jul 14:24

Just got back from Canada for a few weeks and the fridge freezer is not working.
Any recommendation for a quick fix

Post Edited (Fri 28 Jul 14:25)
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Fridge freezer repair recomendation required.
Topic Originator: Bletchley_Par  
Date:   Fri 28 Jul 14:35

Buy a new one.

I`m not being flippant, unless it is a top of the range all bells and whistles model (and not a `Hotpoint` made in China) you`ll be cheaper off.

Callout charge, parts, repair, disposal of parts £££££££££.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 28 Jul 16:32

Quote:

Bletchley_Par, Fri 28 Jul 14:35

Buy a new one.

I`m not being flippant, unless it is a top of the range all bells and whistles model (and not a `Hotpoint` made in China) you`ll be cheaper off.

Callout charge, parts, repair, disposal of parts £££££££££.

I can`t believe me and Bletchley are actually agreeing!

Unless it`s a particularly expensive one, you`re probably as well buying a new one as they`re relatively cheap and a newer one may be more efficient too.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 28 Jul 17:34

Thanks guys
You are probably right but it could be something simple and not too expemsive. Its an integrated one and im only here for a few weeks then I have to get back to Canada

I have to sell the house and don`t really want to put a cheap one in for the buyer.
As you know due to my circumstances, I currently have no income so even saving a few quid is an option.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 28 Jul 18:02

Ah, if it`s integrated then worth trying to fix. You could try "Nextdoor" for recommendations if you have that in your area.

Best of luck with the sale. I was reading your updates earlier and great to see the progress your son is making. It`s a long road but he seems determined and will be grateful of the support from family and friends.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Fri 28 Jul 19:13

Try the service shop on guildhall street. Have had them do a few things over the years and they are very good and reliable

From their website

“At The Service Shop we offer reliable high-quality repairs to various white goods and we deal with most major brands.
We have a simple price structure, so you as our valued customer are always aware of all costs.
Our aim is to provide the best service and provide an honest assessment of your appliance.
We operate with a fixed call/ repair charge which covers all labour costs. The only additional costs are for parts.
Our current charges are:
£60: Washing machines, tumble dryers, dishwashers, refrigeration, electric ovens, hobs
£72: Miele washing machines
£85: Integrated appliance installation
Some of the brands we deal with:
Bosch, Siemens, Neff, Hoover, Candy, Hotpoint, Whirlpool, Indesit, AEG, Electrolux, Zanussi, Beko, Flavel, Smeg, Miele, LG, Samsung, Lamona, Stoves
All repairs and parts fitted are guaranteed for 12 months.”

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 28 Jul 19:15

Quote:

jake89, Fri 28 Jul 18:02

Ah, if it`s integrated then worth trying to fix. You could try "Nextdoor" for recommendations if you have that in your area.

Best of luck with the sale. I was reading your updates earlier and great to see the progress your son is making. It`s a long road but he seems determined and will be grateful of the support from family and friends.

Thanks Jake. The problem now is he's pushing himself physically and he really needs to rest more. A brain injury needs lots of rest to recover. He's stubborn though. He's getting about reasonably well but if only he could get control of his fingers and arms communication would be much easier. I'm amazed at his patience when he persists until we understand him.
He can repeat sentences spoken to him but spontaneous speech is difficult to understand.
Speech is going to take a long time and he needs to rest more and focus on that now he is mobile

Post Edited (Fri 28 Jul 19:17)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 28 Jul 19:20

Quote:

P, Fri 28 Jul 19:13

Try the service shop on guildhall street. Have had them do a few things over the years and they are very good and reliable

Thanks for taking time to post that P. Much appreciated. Ill call them tomorrow.

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: adampar1  
Date:   Wed 2 Aug 09:01

Another recommendation for the service shop on Guildhall Street. The guy came out to look at our freezer a few months ago and refused to take any money for the call out as it couldn’t be fixed.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: sintv  
Date:   Wed 2 Aug 12:57

I called them after reading this as my Samsung ff was icing up. They referred me to Ab service in Ladybank who came out next day to unblock drainhole.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net