DAFC.net
Home 26 June 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 DVLA failures
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Thu 10 Aug 07:58

They seem to have a habit of not reminding certain political figures that their car tax is due for renewal...
Never happened to me. Anyone?

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: DVLA failures
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Thu 10 Aug 08:19

Quote:

Parboiled, Thu 10 Aug 07:58

They seem to have a habit of not reminding certain political figures that their car tax is due for renewal...
Never happened to me. Anyone?

Yes has happened to me a few times where the reminder has not come through, I have generally found the DVLA to be utterly inept in everything whether it related to VED, ownership transfer, cherished plate transfer etc and even had to raise one issue via the Ombudsman who found in my favour and they then refused to comply with the ruling anyway.

That said I’m aware of when my vehicles MOT and Tax are due anyway and am proactive in dealing with it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Thu 10 Aug 08:34

That reminds me..MOT expires end of month! No doubt D&G will be giving me nudge soon.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tad Allagash  
Date:   Thu 10 Aug 11:32

Yes, to be fair. I never got a reminder when my road tax expired last month, but I knew it was due.

What I don’t get about road tax is that if your car has free road tax, you’ve still got to go through the process of applying for it, and can still be fined for not having it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Thu 10 Aug 19:15

I don`t think they always send reminders anymore. Back in the day you got a paper reminder you could take to the post office or use the code online. I once drove for 6 months without tax as it was back in the day when you could buy a car with leftover tax on it and my previous car I had it so the car tax and MOT were at the same time. Fortunately didn`t get caught.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JTH123  
Date:   Thu 10 Aug 19:17

Quote:

Tad Allagash, Thu 10 Aug 11:32

Yes, to be fair. I never got a reminder when my road tax expired last month, but I knew it was due.

What I don’t get about road tax is that if your car has free road tax, you’ve still got to go through the process of applying for it, and can still be fined for not having it.

Aye. A bit like not being to buy alcohol free beer early on a Sunday.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: JnrB  
Date:   Sun 13 Aug 12:28

I’ve not received a reminder and my car ran out of tax on the 1st of august. Thankfully this thread has alerted me to it. I’ve always had a reminder but not this year apparently.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 13 Aug 13:16

Have DVLA not been on strike?
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net