DAFC.net
Home 28 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Bus Museum (Lathalmond)
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 23 Aug 12:32

There`s a story in the Press about the illegal dump up by the bus museum that has been there for a number of years. It got me thinking about how the location isn`t that great with it being quite out the way. Obviously the museum needs a load of space and that led me to wonder about the Old St Margaret`s works. Surely this would be a great site for a Transport museum? Close to public transport, middle of town, plenty space. Or would it simply be too expensive?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Bus Museum (Lathalmond)
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Wed 23 Aug 15:39

Quote:

jake89, Wed 23 Aug 12:32

There`s a story in the Press about the illegal dump up by the bus museum that has been there for a number of years. It got me thinking about how the location isn`t that great with it being quite out the way. Obviously the museum needs a load of space and that led me to wonder about the Old St Margaret`s works. Surely this would be a great site for a Transport museum? Close to public transport, middle of town, plenty space. Or would it simply be too expensive?

Exactly the sort of thing we want in or near the town centre to increase footfall. A city needs museums and other tourist attractions. I cant see anything other than housing going there though.

[IP address logged]
 Re: Bus Museum (Lathalmond)
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 23 Aug 17:20

True. The site has sat empty for so long now and really is an eyesore. I`m not sure if it`s still owned by the same local developer or not. Wouldn`t expect it to go cheap, but surely something Fife Council could potentially look into if they haven`t already.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net