DAFC.net
Home 25 June 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Bad drivers
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 16 Sep 12:31

I don`t really drive too much but on a short trip into town I saw:

- Someone driving way to slowly (they were drinking out a water bottle)
- Two people go through red lights (one was an amber gambler, one was solid red before they were even near it)
- Person who stopped for completely clear roundabouts
- Someone almost go into the side of me as they decided they were in the wrong lane at the Kwikfit garage (maybe couldn`t see me through the ploom of vape).

Just checking that we`re definitely supposed to have passed a driving test before we`re allowed out on the road?
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Bad drivers
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Sat 16 Sep 12:49

Ever since Covid and lockdowns driving standards have dropped massively - I became a multi drop driver just before and have been driving for a career ever since.

Its staggering some of the things you see on the roads and skipping red lights is right up there! Seen someone jump reds at a crossing the other day and was shocked.

The other biggest pain is people that cant stay in their own lanes, whether it be going round bends, or on roundabouts - twice in last month Ive nearly had full blown head ons with people (whilst fully in my own lane) because theyve cut corners that badly…
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 Sep 15:07

It used to just be the non-indicators who were the issue but today has been something else.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sat 16 Sep 15:10

A male killed in a hit and run Thursday night Cowdenbeath High Street, looking for a grey Audi.

RIP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Sat 16 Sep 16:44

The correct use of indicators appears to be a mysterious dark art for many drivers.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Sat 16 Sep 17:56

As is speed limits in resident streets (ie streets with houses not just in middle of housing estate)
Driving up folks xxxxx
But also being impatient, inconsiderate, unforgiving, assume your driving is perfect when everyone makes mistakes
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 Sep 18:58

That`s awful, LA.

And I know it was you driving too slowly earlier, DBP. No drinking (water) and driving (slowly).
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 Sep 19:13

32 year old man arrested and charged in relation to the hit and run on Thursday night. Good to hear that!
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sat 16 Sep 19:52

Standards are definitely worse than ever.
Was behind a lady in an suv coming up the coal road. Her wheels were on the white lines all the way up. Not sure how some never lost a wing mirror?

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: charlie1  
Date:   Sat 16 Sep 22:02

Quote:

Dave_1885, Sat 16 Sep 19:13

32 year old man arrested and charged in relation to the hit and run on Thursday night. Good to hear that!

He`ll be charged with culpable homicide. Hopefully long sentence.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: da_no_1  
Date:   Sat 16 Sep 22:14

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Sat 16 Sept 19:52

Standards are definitely worse than ever.
Was behind a lady in an suv coming up the coal road. Her wheels were on the white lines all the way up. Not sure how some never lost a wing mirror?

Big b@stard cars will end the world

"Some days will stay a 1000 years, some pass like the flash of a spark"
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 Sep 00:04

Quote:

charlie1, Sat 16 Sept 22:02

Quote:

Last case I remember was a guy from Lochgelly, ex soldier and father, being killed on a zebra crossing in Cardenden, the driver, a well known ex professional football player went away and hid.

His case eventually ended up in court in Aberdeen, he was sentenced to 18 months!

Needless to say the sentence upset a few people from Lochgelly and left his daughters without a father. 😢😢😢
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 Sep 08:47

Thats horrible to hear LA, but thankfully times have now changed where death by dangerous driving sentences are now a lot harsher!

On the speed side, Wales have now passed a bill to drop speed limits from 30mph to 20mph in built up areas…..can see Scotland following suit, another kick in the teeth to drivers.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 Sep 09:51

Quote:

Dave_1885, Sun 17 Sept 08:47

Thats horrible to hear LA, but thankfully times have now changed where death by dangerous driving sentences are now a lot harsher!

On the speed side, Wales have now passed a bill to drop speed limits from 30mph to 20mph in built up areas…..can see Scotland following suit, another kick in the teeth to drivers.

Hi Dave, was only sentenced April this year!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sun 17 Sep 10:24

Amount of cars on the road in general is also mad.

So many residential areas and council estates built many moons ago that weren`t designed for one car families let alone multiples (no driveway). Just need to drive round and see folk double parked on bends, LWB workie vans abandoned and then when you are negotiating these roads you having to contend with DPD drivers who think they are playing GTA.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Raymie the Legend  
Date:   Sun 17 Sep 10:30

I’d prefer 20mph zones as opposed to speed bumps which wreck your car

It`s bloody tough being a legend
Ron Atkinson - 1983
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Tad Allagash  
Date:   Sun 17 Sep 11:04

Average speed cameras at the start and end of villages are effective. People living in villages love these because you can drive as fast as you like if your journey starts or stops between the two cameras.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 Sep 11:16

Quote:

Raymie the Legend, Sun 17 Sep 10:30

I’d prefer 20mph zones as opposed to speed bumps which wreck your car

They will add speeds bumps as well no doubt, but not fix the thousands of potholes around!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 Sep 11:26

Speed bumps are a bit out of fashion now. Build outs and narrower roads are more common...and needless mini roundabouts.

The speed bumps around Dunfermline are tyre destroyers as they`ve worn down at the edges.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 17 Sep 16:48

I was turning right onto Linburn Road at Luca`s Kitchen. A car coming from my right put his indicator on to turn left. My gut instinct advised me to wait as he was approaching the mini roundabout quite fast. Sure enough, he drove straight on. If I`d moved out he`d have ploughed straight into my side. My wife was in the car.

He must have changed his mind at the last minute as I`m sure he put his indicator on during his approach.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 Sep 19:55

After my car was hit at a mini roundabout some 3yr ago, I trust no one now.

He had the cheek to dispute the claim, even though he wasn`t in the car, only dropped when my insurance company threatened court!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Alter Ego  
Date:   Sun 17 Sep 21:13

You can’t really drive anywhere with speed bumps and 20mins zones.
Last night at 12:30am I had to stop at traffic lights as a woman with a dog was crossing over… I’m the only car in sight🤷🏻‍♂️

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 Sep 21:41

She may have been training her dog to stop at crossings.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 Sep 22:13

Aye a wee mutant terrier with the owner at that time😂

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 17 Sep 22:27

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Sun 17 Sep 19:55

After my car was hit at a mini roundabout some 3yr ago, I trust no one now.

He had the cheek to dispute the claim, even though he wasn`t in the car, only dropped when my insurance company threatened court!

The amount of near misses Ive been involved in/seen at the mini roundabout at Morrisons, Cowdenbeath is staggering! People come flying off the high street and right over the roundabout even if someones turning right coming down road!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Mon 18 Sep 07:36

I have to thank the driver in front of me who ignored or didn’t see the lassie with a push chair waiting at the kerb of the then old style zebra crossing at Asda St Leonard’s.
As a rather nervous older learner this was was my first test attempt, and was only a couple of minutes onto it.
I stopped, the examiner grunted approvingly, I realaxed and passed first time!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Sep 09:05

The zebra crossings around Tesco Duloch are just ignored by drivers and someone will get hit one day. A woman clearly with a walking disability was waiting to get over and I stopped while a further 3 cars decided to just keep going.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Sep 09:37

The whole layout around Tesco is messy. The turn for McDonald`s is dangerous with people being forced to push out and pray. The older crossing at the petrol station (not the one with the speed bump) is at an angle meaning it`s easy to miss someone coming from the petrol station side.

The car park is being dug up and is an absolute state now.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Sep 10:39

I must say the Highway Code sections on Zebra Crossings for drivers and pedestrians, also related on line interpretations, are a tad confusing to say the least..!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Sep 10:57

You should try the crossings in Tenerife, pray and hope for the best!🙏
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Mon 18 Sep 11:01

I see what you mean Parboiled.

"Zebra crossings.,Remember that traffic does not have to stop until someone has moved onto the crossing. Drivers and riders should give way to pedestrians waiting to cross and MUST give way to pedestrians on a zebra crossing (see Rule H2)."

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Mon 18 Sep 11:46

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Sun 17 Sept 00:04

Quote:

Quote:

Last case I remember was a guy from Lochgelly, ex soldier and father, being killed on a zebra crossing in Cardenden, the driver, a well known ex professional football player went away and hid.

His case eventually ended up in court in Aberdeen, he was sentenced to 18 months!

Needless to say the sentence upset a few people from Lochgelly and left his daughters without a father. 😢😢😢

To make matters worse the perpetrator committed 3 separate speeding offences whilst on bail.There is no teaching some folk.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Sep 12:39

Quote:

parathletic, Mon 18 Sept 11:46

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Sun 17 Sept 00:04

Quote:

Quote:

To make matters worse the perpetrator committed 3 separate speeding offences whilst on bail.There is no teaching some folk.

Edit:- He got 2 years!🤬🤬🤬
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Sep 13:14

2 years is despicable. He`s killed someone!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Sep 14:29

LA I see your Tenerife and raise you Naples..!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 18 Sep 14:47

With this topic in mind, I whiled away 8 minutes at Rosyth Xroads waiting for the chemist to open whilst observing the very heavy traffic negotiate the roundabout.

I reckon at least a third of the cars did not signal at the exit for Inverkeithing, which was second or third exit for most, quite a few didn’t signal for the exit up the hill, and some even went right round to exit at Admiralty west not even signalling at all!

Full marks to trades and HGV drivers though!

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Mon 18 Sep 21:10

Quote:

jake89, Mon 18 Sep 13:14

They should do what they do in Romania. You knock someone down and kill them, then you are liable for their ongoing welfare for a period of time after jail ends.

However, I was told that some gypsies had deliberately jumped in front of cars however. Shocking but true.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: red-star-par  
Date:   Mon 18 Sep 22:01

Quote:

parsmad68, Mon 18 Sep 21:10

Quote:

They should do what they do in Romania. You knock someone down and kill them, then you are liable for their ongoing welfare for a period of time after jail ends.

However, I was told that some gypsies had deliberately jumped in front of cars however. Shocking but true.

Surely if you have knocked down and killed them, there is no ongoing welfare, as they are dead. Unless you are responsible for their surviving family?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Tue 19 Sep 08:09

Quote:

red-star-par, Mon 18 Sep 22:01

Quote:

parsmad68, Mon 18 Sep 21:10

Quote:

Surely if you have knocked down and killed them, there is no ongoing welfare, as they are dead. Unless you are responsible for their surviving family?

Yes red star it is the ongoing family
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 19 Sep 10:06

Yesterday it seemed like nobody wanted to use their indicators and I go stuck behind 2 cars driven by one elderly man/woman who were driving between 15-20mph in a 30.
Best one was a wee jakey in a Fiesta who was nearly touching my rear bumper when I was doing 30mph in a 30. Wee tap on the brakes a few times sorted him out.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 19 Sep 10:52

Brake checking is illegal and is classed as dangerous driving.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 19 Sep 14:59

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Tue 19 Sept 10:52

So is tailgating TBF. You should always have enough distance to stop if someone has to whack the brakes on.

Today`s experience was the usual of people pulling out on the roundabout without looking to the right to ensure it`s clear, and sitting waiting to come onto the roundabout for longer than necessary as indicators are a mystery to so many.

I am fully in favour of retesting people every 10 years.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 19 Sep 16:21

Tailgating is dangerous but imagine how much more dangerous it becomes brake checking such a driver. Also if an accident occurs in such a situation and the driver behind has a dashcam don`t expect any of the two insurance firms involved to be paying out

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 19 Sep 18:58

Aye but all you need to do is speed up to 35mph and the wee Jakey is still tailgating then put your foot on the brake to slow down to the limit.

Mon the Pars!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 19 Sep 22:50

Quote:

The One Who Knocks, Tue 19 Sep 10:52

Especially if you do it in front of an HGV weighing 13t at the time…..like the idiot that overtook me on A90 today to then come into inside lane and brake check me……

Also, please have some patience with HGV drivers at roundabouts haha our gaps to go are very limited and sometimes the truck doesnt wanna play ball!
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net