DAFC.net
Home 25 June 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Another young life
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 27 Sep 18:12

Yet another 15 year old young life taken too soon .. Victim of knife crime yet again .. 17 year old boy known to the poor Lassie arrested .. will this ever end .. seems to be on the increase

My Pal was in Blackpool last week and he told me there was a shop next to his hotel that was selling/displaying every type and size of knife .. machetes .. samurai swords and air rifles

We really need to have a big clamp down or a license and reason to own a knife

Thoughts and sympathy with all the Lassie`s Family

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Another young life
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Wed 27 Sep 21:04

Tragic. ?

RIP

Incidentally, don`t air rifles now need a licence ? Or is that only in Scotland ?

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Wed 27 Sep 21:32

Correct vee certificate required in Scotland .. but exempt in England and Wales

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: pars4life1  
Date:   Wed 27 Sep 22:40

Sadly i don’t see a solution, or at least not a simple one. You can license sellers etc but the root causes are much harder to deal with and as long as those who want to carry(and ultimately use) knives they will easily get a hold of them. There’s been increase stop and search etc but it gets nowhere in the big picture as there’s not near enough police for word not to get round on how to avoid them.

Seems to be self fulfilling to an extent it’s easy for you and I to say don’t carry a knife but when you’ve seen your friends murdered it’s easy to think you need something yourself to defend with. How do we get the message across that every knife in the street makes the life’s of our youngsters more at risk?

Post Edited (Wed 27 Sep 22:42)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Thu 28 Sep 15:03

Quote:

Buspasspar, Wed 27 Sep 18:12

Yet another 15 year old young life taken too soon .. Victim of knife crime yet again .. 17 year old boy known to the poor Lassie arrested .. will this ever end .. seems to be on the increase

My Pal was in Blackpool last week and he told me there was a shop next to his hotel that was selling/displaying every type and size of knife .. machetes .. samurai swords and air rifles

We really need to have a big clamp down or a license and reason to own a knife

Thoughts and sympathy with all the Lassie`s Family

Makes zero difference where it is unfortunately!

Video doing the rounds on FB of a lad in Dundee being stabbed in broad daylight in the middle of a busy road with his 3 pals trying to stop it.

The world very quickly becoming a more dangerous place to live now. Numerous things happening locally as well.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DulochConvert  
Date:   Fri 29 Sep 03:17

The world (our local part of it) is far safer than it has been, it’s just with everyone having a mobile camera it has presented the image that world is getting worse.
I grew up in the eighties / early nineties and slashing were common, out of my then 20 mates 5 were slashed!
Being jumped was just a norm, I had my nose broken 3 times and lost a tooth, being a young guy was dangerous then, nothing thankfully like that now.
The media jump on anything, but crime figures show that in the last 30 years Scotland is a much safer place

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Fri 29 Sep 09:51

Quote:

pars4life1, Wed 27 Sept 22:40

Sadly i don’t see a solution, or at least not a simple one. You can license sellers etc but the root causes are much harder to deal with and as long as those who want to carry(and ultimately use) knives they will easily get a hold of them. There’s been increase stop and search etc but it gets nowhere in the big picture as there’s not near enough police for word not to get round on how to avoid them.

Seems to be self fulfilling to an extent it’s easy for you and I to say don’t carry a knife but when you’ve seen your friends murdered it’s easy to think you need something yourself to defend with. How do we get the message across that every knife in the street makes the life’s of our youngsters more at risk?

I`m confused.

I`m not trying to be funny, but why would anyone need to carry a knife to defend themselves? How would that work? Would you anticipate that someone was going to attack you and get your knife out first? Would it not be too late to use your knife if you`ve already been attacked?

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Fri 29 Sep 15:35

Quote:

DulochConvert, Fri 29 Sep 03:17

The world (our local part of it) is far safer than it has been, it’s just with everyone having a mobile camera it has presented the image that world is getting worse.
I grew up in the eighties / early nineties and slashing were common, out of my then 20 mates 5 were slashed!
Being jumped was just a norm, I had my nose broken 3 times and lost a tooth, being a young guy was dangerous then, nothing thankfully like that now.
The media jump on anything, but crime figures show that in the last 30 years Scotland is a much safer place

Its certainly not safer than when I was growing up - didnt have to fear for my own )or partners safety walking to the bus in the morning), now its a constant fear due to muggings, dangerous drivers and armed robberies here in Cowden in the last month alone…..thats not to add in the number of arson attacks and car thefts theres been recently as well.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Fri 29 Sep 16:33

You had to keep your wits about you in the 60`s when the bus loads of weegies came through, unfortunately one Lochgelly lad paid the price!😢

The brother of my wife`s pal!😡
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Fri 29 Sep 16:47

I`ve not seen much in terms of violence but there`s more antisocial behaviour nowadays. Too many bored wee fannies making a racket. I wouldn`t mind but they all scream like little girls and are in dire need of a good slap (I`m not one for violence but some kids just need a smack).

The issue is that the age of criminal responsibility has been raised in Scotland meaning no point going after kids. But then if they get away with it now, what have they moved onto by the time they`re adults? Similarly, if the police only focus on major crime then petty crime like panning in windows, shoplifting, stealing stuff from gardens becomes accepted. The theory in the 80s in Chicago(?) was that if you`re tough on petty crime then it`s assumed you`ll be even tougher on serious crime.

To me, it`s where Police Scotland has been a massive failure for places like Dunfermline.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net