DAFC.net
Home 27 July 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Bowling Club Recommendation
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Wed 8 Nov 18:35

Any bowling club members here, work colleague (probably in his early forties) moving to area (Dunfermline) soon and was asking about bowling clubs… specifically which ones have the best bar/food/social aspect (as well as the bowling)

I don’t play myself, so thought I’d ask if anyone here could recommend somewhere
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Bowling Club Recommendation
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Wed 8 Nov 21:21

My parents were members of Charleston BC - a good social vibe and fund raising get togethers, as well as indoor bowls in the winter months.

A shout out also for Abbeyview BC and Headwell BC.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Wed 8 Nov 22:31

Quote:

DBP, Wed 8 Nov 18:35

Any bowling club members here, work colleague (probably in his early forties) moving to area (Dunfermline) soon and was asking about bowling clubs… specifically which ones have the best bar/food/social aspect (as well as the bowling)

I don’t play myself, so thought I’d ask if anyone here could recommend somewhere

If he is looking to play indoor September to April ,then, Headwell or Abbeyview, if he is looking for outdoor ,April to October, then depending on where he is in Dunfermline ,does it have to be walkable, you have , headwell, West End, Abbeyview with decent bars .
Also Dunfermline South(priory lane) , Nethertown , Townhill, Rosyth, even Crossgates

Post Edited (Wed 08 Nov 22:34)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: galapar  
Date:   Thu 9 Nov 21:24

Having played bowls over the years I would agree re indoor and try out both Headwell and Abbeyview. Outdoor, quite a few to choose from, a good competitive club I would go with the Northern in Dewar Street, home of the new under 25 Scottish Champion and various other local cup winners.
Friendly with a good bar and social.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Thu 9 Nov 21:26

Cheers folks, will pass on info 👍
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: saltonsgonagetu  
Date:   Fri 10 Nov 08:15

Sorry about leaving Northern Bowling Club out my list Galapar ,agreed good standard of bowler their .

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net