DAFC.net
Home 08 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Right Wing Press
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sun 26 Nov 09:13

The Daily Express really takes the biscuit with their front page headline this morning;

"Stop the boats, or we`re sunk."

It might have been funny if it came from a different source and was meant as a joke.

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Right Wing Press
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 26 Nov 11:25

It really is an embarrassment. People coming in boats amounted to a MASSIVE 3-4% if net migration into the UK. I`m sure I read that around 75% would be legitimate refugees who could come via a safe route if there was one.

It`s not by chance that the likes of the Keavil are being used rather than a more basic hotel to house refugees.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 26 Nov 14:07

Quote:

jake89, Sun 26 Nov 11:25

It really is an embarrassment. People coming in boats amounted to a MASSIVE 3-4% if net migration into the UK. I`m sure I read that around 75% would be legitimate refugees who could come via a safe route if there was one.

It`s not by chance that the likes of the Keavil are being used rather than a more basic hotel to house refugees.

How many came from Ukraine?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: wee eck  
Date:   Sun 26 Nov 14:30

When I read the headline I assumed `we`re sunk` was a reference to the UK economy allegedly suffering as a result of an influx of immigrants but, on closer examination, it actually refers to Tory MPs who are worried about losing their seats at the next election!

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 26 Nov 16:10

Quote:

wee eck, Sun 26 Nov 14:30

When I read the headline I assumed `we`re sunk` was a reference to the UK economy allegedly suffering as a result of an influx of immigrants but, on closer examination, it actually refers to Tory MPs who are worried about losing their seats at the next election!

I read it as a pun, as in boats sinking. 🙂

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sun 26 Nov 17:27

It was indeed a pun GG in the worst possible taste .. The Express is a joke of a Tory right wing tabloid .. That was worse than a Daily Star headline :-((

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: arpar  
Date:   Sun 26 Nov 22:28

Quote:

jake89, Sun 26 Nov 11:25

Refugees have restriction of movement once they reach a safe country. Not many legitimate refugees fleeing from France to the UK.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Mon 27 Nov 12:12

Indeed, legit refugees dinnae pay thousands for a place in a boat and arrive on English beaches with no ID!

[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Mon 27 Nov 12:33

If immigration is the issue, why focus on the smallest cause of migration? I`m not suggesting we don`t seek to control our borders, but we do this through effective processing. The Rwanda scheme, barges and suggestion of putting people on "The Orkneys" is just utter nonsense.

If immigration is an issue, why are we still failing to review how many people legally come to the UK? They make up the vast majority of net migration to the UK. If we`re "full" then why isn`t this this focus?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 27 Nov 12:44

My American daughter in law had to jump through a lot of hoops to get a visa, just been reviewed and will be cleared for full residency in a further 4/5 years.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: EastEndTales  
Date:   Mon 27 Nov 12:45

Imagine putting more hatred on people rather are desperately fleeing war zones at home, losing all that they know and seeking a start somewhere else?

Ep.16 of East End Tales is out now with Steven Mill

https://www.buzzsprout.com/1972630/14949749
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Tue 28 Nov 08:38

Quote:

Buspasspar, Sun 26 Nov 17:27

It was indeed a pun GG in the worst possible taste .. The Express is a joke of a Tory right wing tabloid .. That was worse than a Daily Star headline :-((

Aye but if it was the daily star then you could just turn to the next page to take yer mind off the horror show of a front page headline

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Nov 08:43

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Mon 27 Nov 12:44

My American daughter in law had to jump through a lot of hoops to get a visa, just been reviewed and will be cleared for full residency in a further 4/5 years.

Oh, so she`s coming over here, stealing our jobs, taking up a space in the doctor/dentist/queue at Tesco. Oh the outrage...oh, she`s from an English speaking country? That`s okay then. Carry on.
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Nov 10:04

Quote:

jake89, Tue 28 Nov 08:43

Quote:

LochgellyAlbert, Mon 27 Nov 12:44

Oh, so she`s coming over here, stealing our jobs, taking up a space in the doctor/dentist/queue at Tesco. Oh the outrage...oh, she`s from an English speaking country? That`s okay then. Carry on.

I like it!🤣🤣🤣

Brought another young Scot into the world though!

Post Edited (Tue 28 Nov 10:05)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Tue 28 Nov 13:38

Quote:

EastEndTales, Mon 27 Nov 12:45

Imagine putting more hatred on people rather are desperately fleeing war zones at home, losing all that they know and seeking a start somewhere else?

From media reports many of these illegals are from Albania ?

No war zone there.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Tue 28 Nov 15:06

No one is illegal - please stop describing people as such.

Albania’s financial situation has never recovered since 1996 when it came close to civil war. Pyramid schemes brought the country to its knees and citizens still leave to go to other countries for work and better earnings.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 28 Nov 16:01

Presumably Albanians would be considered economic migrants rather than ones seeking asylum? They`re only allowed to stay whatever the standard "holiday" amount is (90 days?).
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 29 Nov 18:27

Quote:

jake89, Tue 28 Nov 16:01

Presumably Albanians would be considered economic migrants rather than ones seeking asylum? They`re only allowed to stay whatever the standard "holiday" amount is (90 days?).

If anyone from another country comes here on holiday for 90 days, during which they find a permanent job and lodgings, they should be allowed to extend their stay, as long as they continue to work. Why not? If they work, pay taxes and spend their earnings, they`re contributing to the economy.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 29 Nov 22:40

Quote:

GG Riva, Wed 29 Nov 18:27

Quote:

jake89, Tue 28 Nov 16:01

If anyone from another country comes here on holiday for 90 days, during which they find a permanent job and lodgings, they should be allowed to extend their stay, as long as they continue to work. Why not? If they work, pay taxes and spend their earnings, they`re contributing to the economy.

Aye but BREXIT has f*cked that up!🤔😮‍💨
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net