DAFC.net
Home 09 May 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Fife Council bollards
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 20 Dec 17:58

Originally proposed to be installed in Dunfermline to stop people abusing use of the pedestrianised area outside the agreed hours and then dropped as a proposal earlier this year.

Guess what`s been installed in Kirkcaldy?

Are Fife Council just on a permanent wind up? No money for Dunfermline but seem to magic it up for new paving, road narrowing and weird metal hearts in Kirkcaldy.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Fife Council bollards
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Thu 21 Dec 10:24

They seem to be removing the traffic islands in pitcorthie in order to install additional speed bumps instead (actual speed bumps not just pot holes than mean you have to crawl around the estate anyway). Seems like spending for spendings sake. If its not broken...

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Thu 21 Dec 13:14

I work in Kirkcaldy and the amount of work being done here to knock old buildings down, build new ones and generally renovating the whole place is mental. Meanwhile Dunfermline slowly descends into an abandoned dump of a place. Kind of reminds me of how Kirkcaldy was…

[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 21 Dec 13:57

Despite a lack of investment, I`d still say Dunfermline is far nicer than Kirkcaldy. I`d like ALL of Fife to be nice, but not at the expense of underinvestment in Dunfermline. Most of the developments going on right now (Pilmuir Works, Walmer House, Amorist Hotel and MacBeth and Currie flats etc) are all private developments. Fife Council appears to do bugger all. The worst is the gap site they`ve sat on for almost 20(!) years and plan to spend £1m turning into a square no-one wants rather than much needed flats.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Thu 21 Dec 17:19

Quote:

jake89, Thu 21 Dec 13:57

Despite a lack of investment, I`d still say Dunfermline is far nicer than Kirkcaldy. I`d like ALL of Fife to be nice, but not at the expense of underinvestment in Dunfermline. Most of the developments going on right now (Pilmuir Works, Walmer House, Amorist Hotel and MacBeth and Currie flats etc) are all private developments. Fife Council appears to do bugger all. The worst is the gap site they`ve sat on for almost 20(!) years and plan to spend £1m turning into a square no-one wants rather than much needed flats.

Looking upwards in Kirkcaldy and Dunfermline there seems to be loads of vacant dwellings in the High Streets.

Post Edited (Thu 21 Dec 17:20)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 21 Dec 21:16

Quite a few have permission for flat conversions. They changed the planning rules a while back to make it much easier to get permission to change upper floors of shops into flats. The old Andrew Thompson shop has permission for flats but I think it`s for sale. The old Macbeth and Currie office over from it is being converted at the moment but it was in the paper the permission had lapsed so they had to reapply. The upper levels of the Old Inn are also getting turned into holiday apartments and the Amorist upstairs is becoming a hotel.

Lots of moves to get more people living in town and giving places to stay but Fife Council are the ones responsible for the public realm in the town centre yet seem happy with the broken paving and illegally parked cars and vans in the pedestrianised areas. As I said already, the biggest shocker is the gap site. Look how quickly the developers got building at the Pilmuir Works. The same developer has taken on the old housing office at Walmer Drive too. Fife Council has sat on that gap site for almost 20 years. It would be a prime site for flats yet they want to build a town square.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Thu 21 Dec 21:41

Have the upper floors at the old inn not always been residential ?

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 21 Dec 22:39

Rented as flats but changing to holiday let accommodation instead.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Thu 21 Dec 23:36

I was at Macbeth Currie when it was bought by private developers and that was 2018. I think at the time there was an issue with the ground floor having to be a commercial space and I wondered if this was the reason for the delay.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 22 Dec 08:45

Quote:

buffy, Thu 21 Dec 23:36

I was at Macbeth Currie when it was bought by private developers and that was 2018. I think at the time there was an issue with the ground floor having to be a commercial space and I wondered if this was the reason for the delay.

Ground floor is to be a cafe. You`ll turn left for the cafe and straight on to go up to the flats.
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net