DAFC.net
Home 27 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 esim
Topic Originator: Big T Par  
Date:   Wed 21 Feb 23:01

Any of you guys had experience of using an esim abroad? Is it worth it? Thinking of getting one to use in the summer for the Euros.

Cheers

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: esim
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 02:21

Quote:

Big T Par, Wed 21 Feb 23:01

Any of you guys had experience of using an esim abroad? Is it worth it? Thinking of getting one to use in the summer for the Euros.

Cheers

Presently using one while working in India - I used Airalo last time and they were great but the app has stopped working here, I believe they lost their license for calls but should still do data.

I’ve got the latest one from Nomad and that has been super easy too. Indian regulations are difficult for sims so they just offer data too but all my calls are through WhatsApp FaceTime and teams anyway.

Both were super easy to buy and install and offer esims globally so they will definitely be the way ahead for me now rather than faffing with physical sims at the airport
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 09:17

Are O2 not roaming fee free in EU ?
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 10:57

Quote:

veteraneastender, Thu 22 Feb 09:17

Are O2 not roaming fee free in EU ?

Tesco Mobile is still free roaming abroad and they piggy back on O2s network. Think its till 2025 too
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 11:15

Thanks lads. Appreciate it.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: moviescot  
Date:   Thu 22 Feb 18:02

Giffgaff also allow free roaming in EU up to 10gb .

They also piggyback on O2
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Mon 26 Feb 11:26

second the Airalo recommendation for any requirement for voice/data overseas. Brilliantly easy to use and reliable. Think Germany is still covered under most UK services providers as a "roam like home" where you get all smae access as you would get at home for a set daily charge 9Sky is £2 for example)

[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Feb 16:35

Quote:

Playup_Pompey, Mon 26 Feb 11:26

second the Airalo recommendation for any requirement for voice/data overseas. Brilliantly easy to use and reliable. Think Germany is still covered under most UK services providers as a "roam like home" where you get all smae access as you would get at home for a set daily charge 9Sky is £2 for example)

I`m with three and they charge £5 a day for that service. I`ve got unlimited data, but their fair usage policy is not very much and I`m gonna be there for two weeks. I`ll check out Airalo. Thank you mate

[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Mon 26 Feb 17:15

Can I get two eSims at the same time? I`ll be driving through France to get to Germany. Can I buy two at once and set them up to connect as I pass through?

Also, can I install it just now and wait till June

Post Edited (Mon 26 Feb 17:16)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: the saline hill puma  
Date:   Mon 26 Feb 17:58

Quote:

Big T Par, Mon 26 Feb 17:15

Can I get two eSims at the same time? I`ll be driving through France to get to Germany. Can I buy two at once and set them up to connect as I pass through?

Would it not be easier to just get a sim with someone like giff gaff for a month and use the data ?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Mon 26 Feb 18:01

Quote:

the saline hill puma, Mon 26 Feb 17:58

Quote:

Big T Par, Mon 26 Feb 17:15

Would it not be easier to just get a sim with someone like giff gaff for a month and use the data ?

I`d be using way more than 10gb, I would imagine mate

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net