DAFC.net
Home 27 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 AJ - Ngannou
Topic Originator: Luxembourg Par  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 00:57

And THAT is what happens when you put a novice boxer against a real boxer.

So many were in some alternative universe after the Fury fight, thinking that Ngannou was surprisingly good, no Fury was just his usual annoying spoiling awkward twatty self, and they got a show out of it.
Fury SHOULD have boxed, but didn’t.

No doubt Ngannou is a completely different fighter in MMA, I wouldn’t last a minute, nor would most boxers - it’s a completely different fight and he is a much more dangerous man under those rules.
But under boxing rules, against a boxer?

I’m now waiting for an ancient Mike Tyson to destroy the YouTube numpty and we can finally stop having these silly crossover spectacles.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: AJ - Ngannou
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 10:20

As I said to someone earlier, the crossovers between pro boxers and pro MMA fighters isn’t that bad - no real different from switching from Rugby Union to Rugby League - because in an octagon Ngannou would ruin AJ.

The problem with boxing atm is the youtuber sensation that has come into it - corrupt, fixed and paying has beens 10s of millions in effectively a white collar event. Made worse by the WBC ranking them…..
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: cammypar 1995  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 11:52

Quote:

Dave_1885, Sat 9 Mar 10:20

As I said to someone earlier, the crossovers between pro boxers and pro MMA fighters isn’t that bad - no real different from switching from Rugby Union to Rugby League - because in an octagon Ngannou would ruin AJ.

The problem with boxing atm is the youtuber sensation that has come into it - corrupt, fixed and paying has beens 10s of millions in effectively a white collar event. Made worse by the WBC ranking them…..

Just another amateur to add to ajs list. Would love to see him fight a top boxer last time he did he lost.

c'mon the pars
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Luxembourg Par  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 13:07

Quote:

Have to disagree with the first part.
MMA is hugely different to boxing, a large part of the sport is kicking, grappling, submission holds, you are restricting the skills that these guys have available.

I’ve sparred with quite a few MMA guys who want/need to improve boxing ability, I would easily beat any of them in the boxing ring - even now as a podgy 55 yr old.

However, I am under no illusion about the result under MMA rules (unless I luckily sparked them out before they got a hold of me) - I have absolutely no grappling skills and would get taken apart in very short order.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: RhinoPars  
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 13:39

Nice to have an expert view on this. Thanks Lux
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 9 Mar 14:09

Quote:

Luxembourg Par, Sat 9 Mar 13:07

Quote:

Have to disagree with the first part.
MMA is hugely different to boxing, a large part of the sport is kicking, grappling, submission holds, you are restricting the skills that these guys have available.

I’ve sparred with quite a few MMA guys who want/need to improve boxing ability, I would easily beat any of them in the boxing ring - even now as a podgy 55 yr old.

However, I am under no illusion about the result under MMA rules (unless I luckily sparked them out before they got a hold of me) - I have absolutely no grappling skills and would get taken apart in very short order.

I agree, Lux, that they are different sports with two completely different skill sets. I maybe didn’t explain my reasoning as well as I could have. The similarities I was meaning were regarding them being contact sport athletes who take punches as part of their sport. It may not be a large part of the sport, but boxing is still a part of MMA.

The best examples of struggling would be Kimbo Slice and CM Punk Id say - one an internet sensation when it came to street fights but useless in octagon, and Punk had the wrestling back ground but clearly not cut for the real thing.

Unlike the youtubers who have walked off the streets into a boxing ring and rigged the results against pros to make money.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Wed 13 Mar 15:58

Fight was rigged by a mile watch the punch from aj that led to the first round knockdown it didn’t even feckin land yet Ngannou threw himself to the deck like he had just been hit by a stone cold stunner

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parathletic  
Date:   Sat 16 Mar 07:28

Quote:

Luxembourg Par, Sat 9 Mar 00:57

So many were in some alternative universe after the Fury fight, thinking that Ngannou was surprisingly good, no Fury was just his usual annoying spoiling awkward twatty self, and they got a show out of it.

No doubt Ngannou is a completely different fighter in MMA, I wouldn’t last a minute, nor would most boxers - it’s a completely different fight and he is a much more dangerous man under those rules.

I’m now waiting for an ancient Mike Tyson to destroy the YouTube numpty and we can finally stop having these silly crossover spectacles.

Tyson shouldn`t be anywhere near a ring nowadays.I`m sure he was using a walking cane a couple of years ago?
For all that Jake Paul is a chopper in fairness he does keep himself in shape and have a bit of power.He isn`t a championship fighter but I think he is decent enough at domestic level.If Tyson connects early he can still take anyone out but his punch resistance will have gone-see how Holyfield got destroyed by a 45 year old MMA fighter within a minute.Tyson was losing to journeymen over 20 years ago.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Bletchley_Par  
Date:   Sat 16 Mar 11:37

I dislike AJ as he is a racist Tw*t, but he made me a tidy sum last weekend.

He has the best roster of the current crop and could be the last man standing at the end of all this.

Feel sorry for big Francis, a great guy and story but he feked aboot and foond oot, and my fighting code won so hey ho.

Another great win for Joe Parker and thought Ball was robbed in his fight.

Oh and thanks to Turki Alalshikh.

Bosh.

PS. Not happy about the Tyson v Youtuber fight, I hope Kid Dynamite wins but if this is a genuine fight I fear him getting KOed.

Post Edited (Sat 16 Mar 11:39)
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sat 16 Mar 14:46

Quote:

parathletic, Sat 16 Mar 07:28

Quote:

Luxembourg Par, Sat 9 Mar 00:57

Tyson shouldn`t be anywhere near a ring nowadays.I`m sure he was using a walking cane a couple of years ago?
For all that Jake Paul is a chopper in fairness he does keep himself in shape and have a bit of power.He isn`t a championship fighter but I think he is decent enough at domestic level.If Tyson connects early he can still take anyone out but his punch resistance will have gone-see how Holyfield got destroyed by a 45 year old MMA fighter within a minute.Tyson was losing to journeymen over 20 years ago.

Thing is, Tyson looks in great shape going on recent videos.

The problem - the fight is rigged. Reports of no knockout rules, headgear being worn etc etc. nothing new from a Jake Paul “fight” though.

What makes it worse is the WBC ranking these guys - it just makes a mockery of the sport.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: shellypar  
Date:   Sat 16 Mar 14:50

Quote:

back oh the net, Wed 13 Mar 15:58

Fight was rigged by a mile watch the punch from aj that led to the first round knockdown it didn’t even feckin land yet Ngannou threw himself to the deck like he had just been hit by a stone cold stunner

Cant lie u shouldnt comment if u think it was rigged. 🤣

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: back oh the net  
Date:   Sat 16 Mar 18:05

Quote:

shellypar, Sat 16 Mar 14:50

Quote:

Al be the judge on whether or not I comment F@nny baws

Come on ye pars ⚽️
[IP address logged]
Date:   Thu 28 Mar 11:05

Quote:

back oh the net, Sat 16 Mar 18:05

Quote:

shellypar, Sat 16 Mar 14:50

Quote:

Al be the judge on whether or not I comment F@nny baws

Shut up bawbag

COYP

Post Edited (Fri 29 Mar 10:55)
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Playup_Pompey  
Date:   Thu 28 Mar 11:22

if you ever need a reminder of what a cesspit this place is....

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 29 Mar 10:55

Quote:

Playup_Pompey, Thu 28 Mar 11:22

if you ever need a reminder of what a cesspit this place is....

Booooo!

COYP
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net