DAFC.net
Home 27 April 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Alien Romulus
Topic Originator: Neil_Philp  
Date:   Sun 24 Mar 17:27

New Alien movie coming this August

Trailer below

Really hoping this is good. I`m a huge fan of the franchise and expanded universe but wasn`t too daft about Prometheus and Covenant.
Hopefully this will be good
Trailer certainly looks promising.

COYP
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Alien Romulus
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Sun 24 Mar 19:12

Went downhill after Aliens ...
All subsequent sequels and prequels have been utter mince imho.
I have a particular hatred for the one set on the prison planet .
Can`t remember if it was 3 or 4 but my god it was truly awful.

Admin
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sun 24 Mar 21:59

Aliens is an all time classic. Easily one in my top ten. Th one you are referring to Widders is Alien 3 which while not incredible I still found to be entertaining. After that though it is very much diminishing returns.
They are also making a TV series which I think comes out next year.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Mon 25 Mar 15:16

Is this the alternative third they were talking about a few years ago or just a new story involving aliens?

I`ll set my expectations really low and, you never know, I might just leave an Alien film not disappointed for the first time since 1986.

PS Neil, were/are you in Barrow?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Date:   Tue 26 Mar 13:52

It`s a new story. Set between Alien and Aliens. Meant to bridge a gap between the two and also connect to Prometheus and Covenant.
I`m hoping it`s good. I`m a huge fan of the franchise and have really liked alot of the expanded universe stuff like books and video games so I hope this is good.

No not me mate.

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kozmasrightfoot  
Date:   Wed 10 Apr 14:51

I don`t know if their is going to be any connection to Scott`s recent junk, but I`d imagine he`s on board as a producer so will no doubt have insisted on shoehorning in some tenuous link to Prometheous.

I just hope that Fed goes back to a man in a rubber suit as CGI Xenomorphs just look silly. It`ll be CGI though so I don`t hold much hope for the movie.

It`s soooooooo frustrating because the look of the creature in the first two films still hold up today in the creepy factor, miles ahead of the computerised rubbish in the recent films.

Hollywood is it`s own worst enemy.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 14 Apr 08:34

I think it is going to link Prometheus and Covenant to Alien so.....we`ll see how that goes

They showed some footage at Cinema Con and apparently they have went with an actor in a suit for the Xenomorph so I`m good with that.
I imagine they`ll go with practical effects for the most part and keep CGI to a minimum. I hope they do anyway. I`m over excessive CGI in movies

COYP
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net