DAFC.net
Home 21 June 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Aurora
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Sat 11 May 13:52

Anyone else get out last night to see this? I haven`t yet had a look at any of the millions of photos that I`m sure will be now be online of last night`s display, but that really was an incredible night.

I love natural phenomena (I think rainbows are fantastic) so seeing the aurora in full flow is a great sight for me. I`ve seen it a few times in the last year and a half but last night was the best of the lot. Usually you don`t pick up the colours by eye, even though the camera captures them clearly. Last night, the pink streaks were very clear for a long time, even by eye. The only problem was that it was initally just to the South, rather than North as it normally is, so it took a couple of minutes to notice it.

I`m sure some folk are totally bemused as to why anyone gets remotely excited about this, but whatever. If I live another 20 years, that will be one of the most memorable nights to look back on. Such a beautiful sight, both by eye and in my photos.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Aurora
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Sat 11 May 14:41

I was bushed last night so was asleep early. I`ll try and walk down the village tonight and see if I can any. It has been years since I`ve seen it having moved south, and it is extremely rare down here.

The pictures on the TV this morning looked stunning and it still blows my mind the distance this stuff travels.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Back_oh_the_net  
Date:   Sun 12 May 04:28

The Dunfermline press have a photo on their facebook page of it that way taken by a guy out by knockhill that is by far the best I hate seen
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sun 12 May 12:27

I went down the glen late last night but I couldn’t see a thing in the sky. Tried my best to stay awake til 2am to see if I could clock anything from the flat (I’m two floors up) but there was a lot of cloud so just gave up.

There’s to be another showing tonight - going by the Met Office story on the BBC website - so fingers crossed.

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Socks  
Date:   Sun 12 May 13:15

Anyone who tried last night was unlucky - it died down just over the time window when it would be dark enough to see anything, though did pick up again about 2am. Too late for most Id` guess though further South with shorter daylight folk might have caught it at 10pm. Unlikely we`ll see much tonight around Fife - looks like being cloudy and wet.

I`ve just been through my photos from Friday night and still can`t quite believe I captured what I did. Stunning, and every chance I`ll never see it as good as that again.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 12 May 13:38

All those cameras certainly upset the doggers!🙈🤭
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Sun 12 May 15:40

Didn`t have anything down here Socks. Not that I say anyway.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Mon 13 May 19:01

I went aw the way to Iceland to get a better look ...was not disappointed 🤣

Admin
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net