DAFC.net
Home 07 July 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 It’s back
Topic Originator: Parboiled  
Date:   Tue 2 Jul 12:48

Latest in the franchise, Alien Romulus, Uk premiere at Edinburgh Film Festival on 15th August. General release next day

Plot: group of young colonists scavenging abandoned space station find they are not alone…

Spoiler: They all get munched bar one hero who vanquishes the fearsome beast for good…or maybe not…

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: It’s back
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Tue 2 Jul 13:51

Going by the trailer this could be a very decent movie. A back to basic Alien movie without all guff of the last two origin explanations.

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Tue 2 Jul 16:27

If the trailer vibe is true and it`s more akin to the original film, I`ll be going to see it
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Neil_Philp  
Date:   Wed 3 Jul 10:26

Really looking forward to it.
Be there on opening night

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: kozmasrightfoot  
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 17:36

Practical effects and Ridley Scott nowhere near it has me very optimistic. I`ve been a fan of Fede`s other films so yeah, I`m excited. Set between the first two films so I hope there are a couple of nods towards the original 2 films. Keep your eyes peeled for one of those bobbing head drinking bird ornament thingymajigs.

It`s actually the effects crew from Aliens that are doing the work in this film. Now we just need another chapter of The Thing using practical effects, preferably a prequel or standalone film so as the original JC version has its ending left in ambiguity.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: istvan kozma  
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 20:46

I suspect it will be rubbish. Looks like it will be Alien, but the parts will be played by children. Acting will be painful, and I wonder how the plot will pan out!? Maybe finish with an airlock finale.

BTW, i would love to be proved wrong. I remember how much I looked forward to Alien3 and from there on its been one disappointment after another!

KOZMA

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 20:55

Quote:

istvan kozma, Sat 6 Jul 20:46

I suspect it will be rubbish. Looks like it will be Alien, but the parts will be played by children. Acting will be painful, and I wonder how the plot will pan out!? Maybe finish with an airlock finale.

BTW, i would love to be proved wrong. I remember how much I looked forward to Alien3 and from there on its been one disappointment after another!

This.

I`ll go, but with expectations so low I might actually enjoy it.

It seems like they`re remaking the first one, but they already did that with the third one.

They really should have just let it be after Aliens.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: istvan kozma  
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 21:02

That`s what I said about the Terminator franchise.

Low expectations but I`ll go anyway. Until the last one when I said you win and I didn`t bother going to the cinema to see it. Still haven`t seen it.

KOZMA

[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 21:44

If they can capture the vibe of Alien or Alien: Isolation then we are cooking.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: The One Who Knocks  
Date:   Sat 6 Jul 23:13

Unpopular opinion perhaps but Aliens is a far better movie than Alien

And although my eyes were open
They just might as well be closed
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net