DAFC.net
Home 07 July 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Mark Cavendish Tour de France
Topic Originator: DBP  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 05:50

Anyone watching?

After last years disappointment as had to pull out after a big crash in the peloton (and I’m sure he has a gear slip in a sprint which cost him a stage win as well)…

He postponed his retirement, had another go and had just won yesterdays stage to break the Tour de France stage wins record

35 stage wins and best sprinter the tour has ever seen
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Mark Cavendish Tour de France
Topic Originator: parsmad68  
Date:   Thu 4 Jul 10:36

Watched it live and was jumping up and down at the TV. In reality he really had it in the bag and is a real credit to his ability to race and his vision.
Incredible that in track timings he is never classed as being fast enough…..
Fantastic for him and his family.
His book is an excellent read. Probably one of the most honest self assessments you will ever get in a biography.
Chapeau to the best sprinter we will ever see. I will be dead by the time another one comes along like this.

Forgot to mention that his chain was off when he finished yesterday.

Post Edited (Thu 04 Jul 10:38)
[IP address logged]
 Re: Mark Cavendish Tour de France
Topic Originator: Ghoulz  
Date:   Fri 5 Jul 23:14

Truly one of the greats and he may yet have another in the tank. Controversial style and hot-headed at times but he`s learned to manage media pressures and live with bouts of depression ... and sometimes bad luck too.

I`ve been watching the tour since The Badger`s performance gripped me in the early 80s.

Post Edited (Fri 05 Jul 23:16)
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net