DAFC.net
Home 16 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Deadpool and Wolverine
Topic Originator: Neil_Philp  
Date:   Tue 30 Jul 21:36

Went to see it last week and thought it was really good. And as someone who is a bit over the whole MCU s***e these days this was a pleasant surprise.
Plot and storyline is certainly chaotic but it`s alot of fun and has some great cameos in it. A couple of which got some cheers and applause in the cinema.
Great work by Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman as well. They play off each other really well and as well as the banter and comedy, deliver some quite serious and heartfelt moments too.
And as someone who grew up watching the old X-Men Movies and the Fox/Marvel films of the 2000`s it was quite a nice little nostalgia trip.

Definitely recommended.

COYP
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Deadpool and Wolverine
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Wed 31 Jul 18:11

Quote:

Neil_Philp, Tue 30 Jul 21:36

Went to see it last week and thought it was really good. And as someone who is a bit over the whole MCU s***e these days this was a pleasant surprise.
Plot and storyline is certainly chaotic but it`s alot of fun and has some great cameos in it. A couple of which got some cheers and applause in the cinema.
Great work by Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman as well. They play off each other really well and as well as the banter and comedy, deliver some quite serious and heartfelt moments too.
And as someone who grew up watching the old X-Men Movies and the Fox/Marvel films of the 2000`s it was quite a nice little nostalgia trip.

Definitely recommended.

A lot of very meta jokes in it that seemed to go over most of the audiences heads at my screening. Gambit and Blade with true sized Wolverine were great
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Berry  
Date:   Wed 31 Jul 19:43

I read one of the Wrexham players had a part in the movie as Welshpool 🤣
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Andrew283  
Date:   Thu 1 Aug 14:04

Quote:

Berry, Wed 31 Jul 19:43

I read one of the Wrexham players had a part in the movie as Welshpool 🤣

Paul Mullins is indeed in it. So was Ollie Palmer I`ve heard
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Thu 1 Aug 14:28

I may be in the minority but I honestly can’t be arsed with Ryan Reynolds. His schtick is really boring and he seems to act the same way all the time whether it be in a film or in an interview or something. Makes me wonder who he really is.

[IP address logged]
Date:   Fri 2 Aug 14:59

I`d give this a miss then Zod. He`s ultra Ryan Reynolds in this.

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: P  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 12:32

Becomes the 55th film to break the $1billion mark last weekend. We quite enjoyed it.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NMCmassive  
Date:   Thu 15 Aug 20:57

I’ve seen a couple of decent films recently.

I’m honestly hoping that we’re back! No more of this DEI/woke stuff. It’s just a shame they’ve had to absolutely pump a few different franchises to realise it’s no working.

Just make a good film ffs 😂

COYP
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Mon 19 Aug 15:28

I think Hollywood is slowly but surely realising the woke/DEI approach doesn`t always add up to success at the box office.
Which is good to see.
Like you say, just make good films and entertain people. Save the lectures for elsewhere

COYP
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net