DAFC.net
Home 16 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 All insurance
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 15:15

I know there was something about car insurance on here a while ago.....are people seeing big increases in other insurance too?

Our quote went up 24%, which I managed to reduce about 12% from the quoted price but it`s a mental increase. I checked online and everybody seems rather expensive.

Dread to think how many people don`t call to challenge.....I`m assuming enough don`t to make these mental increases.

They tried to sell me pet insurance. I`d love aspects of having a dog, but insurance and picking up crap are the two things that put me off of it.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: All insurance
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 15:31

Beware of "Exit" clauses should you decide to move companies!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 17:22

Do you mean within term LA? I stick with any insurance for the term.

I think there`s enough case law to make any excessive charges illegal, even if it`s in other areas.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: LochgellyAlbert  
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 17:38

Quote:

ipswichpar, Sun 18 Aug 17:22

Do you mean within term LA? I stick with any insurance for the term.

I think there`s enough case law to make any excessive charges illegal, even if it`s in other areas.

I got caught because I changed cars mid term moving from a brand new petrol powered car to another brand new same model Hybrid.
The insurance increased by another 50%!
[IP address logged]
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 18:33

Oh yeah, I remember that now 🤮
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: parsfan  
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 21:24

I heard a tip on the radio during the week. Don`t leave renewing to the last minute (like I always do). They`ve got you over a barrel then. Best to start shopping around 1-2 months beforehand.

Processing new business is so cheap these days there`s no imperative to try to keep most customers. Whack the price up and enough will just rollover to make it worthwhile. The ones they lose will be replaced by the churn from other companies.

When we moved a couple of years ago, from on-street parking on an accident prone busy corner to off-road in a quiet cul de sac, our premium went up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The universe is ruled by chance and indifference

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sun 18 Aug 21:25

All insurance is high right now but there are still some deals. Definitely worth shopping around. What you`ll find is that despite all the names, the insurance is provided by only a handful of underwriters. When I last called to cancel, the guy on the phone had a load of quotes I`d received from other brands to hand.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Dave_1885  
Date:   Mon 19 Aug 04:02

Quote:

parsfan, Sun 18 Aug 21:24

I heard a tip on the radio during the week. Don`t leave renewing to the last minute (like I always do). They`ve got you over a barrel then. Best to start shopping around 1-2 months beforehand.

Processing new business is so cheap these days there`s no imperative to try to keep most customers. Whack the price up and enough will just rollover to make it worthwhile. The ones they lose will be replaced by the churn from other companies.

When we moved a couple of years ago, from on-street parking on an accident prone busy corner to off-road in a quiet cul de sac, our premium went up.

Just remember when shopping in advance to set the renewal date as the day after your current one expires. I phoned up on my first time of cancelling and the woman tried to blackamail me into staying saying Id broken the law by having two insurance policies out at the same time. I mean, I didn’t, but guess that was their tactics to try keep a customer.
[IP address logged]
-
Topic Originator: veteraneastender  
Date:   Mon 19 Aug 12:28

I generally go with price comparison sites - my current insurer always sends a renewal reminder with a significantly higher quote.

Nearly always the price comparison site will throw up a price from the VERY SAME insurer which is a quite a fair bit less than the renewal.

Not sure how that works - the details are the the same !!!

For next month`s renewal the best deal on offer was from the AA - I didn`t bite right away - a few weeks later the site came back with a revised lower offer from them !!!

Insurance quotes are a dark art !!!

[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net