DAFC.net
Home 16 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Pocket Money
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Sat 31 Aug 14:01

What is average for 8 and 11 year olds nowadays.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Pocket Money
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Sat 31 Aug 14:26

£50 😉
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: KirklistonPar  
Date:   Sat 31 Aug 15:22

£10 to £15 a week. But housework like putting clothes away, keeping bedroom tidy and emptying the dishwasher when it needed is all required to get the pocket money in the first place. Money deducted if not done.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: ipswichpar  
Date:   Sat 31 Aug 16:05

£0, and we don`t have any problems getting them to do jobs around the house.

High academic efforts results in them getting what they want (within justifiable reason). They don`t tend to ask for much, but do like going to charity shops to find a bargain.

Additionally we tend to give them some money around summer and Christmas holidays.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: NMCmassive  
Date:   Sat 31 Aug 21:53

Quote:

ipswichpar, Sat 31 Aug 16:05

£0, and we don`t have any problems getting them to do jobs around the house.

High academic efforts results in them getting what they want (within justifiable reason). They don`t tend to ask for much, but do like going to charity shops to find a bargain.

Additionally we tend to give them some money around summer and Christmas holidays.

I have to admit I do like a look through a charity shop these days 😂

COYP
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: TAFKA_Super_Petrie  
Date:   Sun 1 Sep 16:57

Charity shop dynamic has totally changed though.

There`s a lot more younger studenty types working there now and anything that has a sniff of having any value is cross checked online and (over) priced accordingly in my experience.

Still get the odd bargain but the days of getting absolute gems or steals for a couple of quid are over.

Back to pocket money £5 for my two and related bonuses for good report cards etc.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"People always talk about Ronaldinho and magic, but I didn't see him today. I saw Henrik Larsson; that's where the magic was."
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: widtink  
Date:   Mon 2 Sep 14:29

Quote:

TAFKA_Super_Petrie, Sun 1 Sept 16:57

Charity shop dynamic has totally changed though.

There`s a lot more younger studenty types working there now and anything that has a sniff of having any value is cross checked online and (over) priced accordingly in my experience.

Still get the odd bargain but the days of getting absolute gems or steals for a couple of quid are over.

Back to pocket money £5 for my two and related bonuses for good report cards etc.

There`s still gems to be had at charity stores these days .
You can`t blame them for trying to get as much profit as possible.
Why sell something for £20 if a quick web search tells you that item can fetch £200.
Instead , mark it up to £100.
That way the chosen charity is getting a nice big profit and the customer is getting a good deal too.
First thing they do with a potential high value item is check the web , eBay , marketplace etc...
I speak from experience.
A lot of charities also sell items online where you can get some really great bargains .

Admin
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net