DAFC.net
Home 22 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Keith Blair(D)
Topic Originator: GG Riva  
Date:   Sat 21 Sep 07:44

The Crem was packed yesterday as hundreds of people paid their respects to Keith, who owned and worked in the Upper Millhill Garage in the town since 1971. Keith was one of a kind. There was nothing he wouldn`t do for his customers. His garage was out of the way, and he never advertised, but he was always busy. I passed my test in 1971 and took my first car to Keith for a service and MoT the following year. I never went anywhere else until recently, when Keith became too ill to carry on working. Many relatives and colleagues heard about Keith from me and became regular customers. Here`s just one story that shows what a great guy he was;

When our son got his first job in 2004, he needed a car. He couldn`t afford one, so we gave him ours and bought a newer one. Unfortunately, he seized the engine not long afterwards. Keith collected the car and said it was worth saving. He managed to get an 18 month old engine for it for a bargain £350. He hit a snag when he put the new engine in. There was a problem with a part that had been changed. He told me he had phoned Fiat for the part needed, and he`d been quoted £400. Before I could reply, he said, "We`re not paying that for it! I`ll think of something." Two days later, my son`s car was ready for collection. Keith had modified the part.

The total cost for parts and labour was a mere £550.....

Not your average Sunday League player.
[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Keith Blair(D)
Topic Originator: Buspasspar  
Date:   Sat 21 Sep 08:27

Nice post and story GG .. Sounds like a special guy .. RIP Keith

We are forever shaped by the Children we once were
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Aylesbury_Par  
Date:   Sat 21 Sep 10:33

Really sorry to hear that, Keith was one of the good guys.

It wouldn`t be unusual to pick your car up at 10 at night as he would keep working until he was finished if he knew you needed the car the following day. Never charged enough for his services. A proper old school mechanic who could keep older cars going way past their expiry date!

Great sense of humour and a friendly human being, will be sadly missed.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: buffy  
Date:   Sat 21 Sep 17:20

This is sad news, GG.

He used to service all the cars owned by Clydesdale Bank staff (at the cross). After their retirement my mum and dad continued to go to Keith. Such a lovely man and always went the extra mile.

RiP

”Buffy’s Buns are the finest in Fife”, J. Spence 2019”
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
© 2021-- DAFC.net