DAFC.net
Home 28 September 2024 
 Post Message  |  Top of Board  |  Search  |  Log In   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 
[ please login to use the Like feature ]
 Parking fine
Topic Originator: General Zod  
Date:   Tue 24 Sep 16:25

I know it’s been done a few times on here but what’s the deal with these? My maw parked at the Aldi’s next to East End for 2 hours during the week and got a parking fine from a company called Parking Eye. I know most folk just ignore these types of things but is that a good idea in this instance? Anyone know the rules of parking at Aldi’s? She got a letter to inform her.

[IP address logged]
Report Abuse   Reply To This Message
 Re: Parking fine
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Tue 24 Sep 16:46

Rule is simple - park for less than 90 minutes or get a fine. It`s written on all the signs. Personally, I`d disregard it. Although there have been cases of action being taken, it`s been for repeat offenders who won`t take a telling rather than a one-off.
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: Connor560  
Date:   Tue 24 Sep 16:49

Police or council only due to be paid.

C'mon Ye Pars!
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: DunfyDave  
Date:   Tue 24 Sep 18:22

Quote:

Connor560, Tue 24 Sep 16:49

^^^ I have heard this as well Connor. In Scotland a private parking company cannot enforce the fine BUT you must never answer any of their calls, emails or letters as this is deemed you have entered into communication and they may be able to enforce it.

It is not the same rules in England and they will enforce payment. I have a van and park in a loading bay in London, put a "Making Delivery Sign" on the windscreen and the amount of times I have had a ticket and to go through the painful process of appeals is frustrating. Never paid one yet.

Scottish Council and Government parkings will enforce payment. You can`t ignore them.

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: brian  
Date:   Tue 24 Sep 20:10

can you go into Aldi`s and query the fine.

[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: jake89  
Date:   Wed 25 Sep 07:36

Quote:

DunfyDave, Tue 24 Sept 18:22

Quote:

It is not the same rules in England and they will enforce payment. I have a van and park in a loading bay in London, put a "Making Delivery Sign" on the windscreen and the amount of times I have had a ticket and to go through the painful process of appeals is frustrating. Never paid one yet.

Was this in Peckham?
[IP address logged]
Date:   Wed 25 Sep 08:25

Quote:

jake89, Wed 25 Sep 07:36

Quote:

Quote:

Was this in Peckham?

^^^ McDonalds in Welling.

Funny thing is that it is usually full of Uber Eats Mopeds that seems to be off the radar to the traffic warden.

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
Topic Originator: PARrot  
Date:   Wed 25 Sep 15:16

Quote:

DunfyDave, Wed 25 Sept 08:25

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Was this in Peckham?

Funny thing is that it is usually full of Uber Eats Mopeds that seems to be off the radar to the traffic warden.

Wooooosh! Lol

Post Edited (Wed 25 Sep 15:16)
[IP address logged]
-
Date:   Wed 25 Sep 17:32

Quote:

PARrot, Wed 25 Sep 15:16

Quote:

DunfyDave, Wed 25 Sept 08:25

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Was this in Peckham?

Wooooosh! Lol

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

DunfyDave
[IP address logged]
 Top of Board  |  Forum List  |  Threaded View   Forum Rules  |  Newer Topic  |  Older Topic  |  end 

Rows: 0
 Forum List  |  Need a Login? Register Here 
 User Login
 User Name:
 Password:
 Remember my login:

Forgot Your Password?
Enter your email address or user name below and a new password will be sent to the email address associated with your profile.
Security : type 'pars' in the box:
email:
Β© 2021-- DAFC.net